United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
The Game that started it all
badge
I know. It's an Awesome Avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing S15 Hammer to the Teeth and the German 81mm has a Smoke Depletion # of 8 but the Mortar itself requires a 7 TH. So if I roll an 8, do I hit with a final Smoke round since it's -2 to hit when firing Smoke, which would make it a 6 on the TH Chart?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gochinski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello

Yes it would be a "hit", actually smoke is placed. You are correct this would be the last smoke round that the mtr can fire. The original DR was it's depletion #, if the original roll was 9 or higher you have no smoke.

Thanks
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it.

On a side note, Prep firing on a Squad that is in a Stone Building on top of a hill and under a +3 Smoke counter would incur a +7 DRM on the IFT, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Cocke
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Fly by Night wrote:
Got it.

On a side note, Prep firing on a Squad that is in a Stone Building on top of a hill and under a +3 Smoke counter would incur a +7 DRM on the IFT, correct?

3+3=6

No Height Advantage when claiming other (building) TEM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
perrycocke wrote:
Fly by Night wrote:
Got it.

3+3=6

No Height Advantage when claiming other (building) TEM.

Arrgh! I keep forgetting that part. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Probst
Australia
Glen Waverley
VIC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fly by Night wrote:
So if I roll an 8, do I hit with a final Smoke round since it's -2 to hit when firing Smoke, which would make it a 6 on the TH Chart?

Ummm ... yes and no.

Firing SMOKE is not a -2 DRM. It is the exact opposite; firing SMOKE at a range up to 12 hexes is a +2 to the To Hit number required. So if your TH number is normally "7", when firing SMOKE it is actually "9". So yes, your DR of 8 results in a hit, but you are not modifying your DR to 6, it remains an 8.

Why is that important? Because a lot of things in ASL depend on knowing what the Original To Hit #, Final TH#, Original TH DR and Final TH DR are. You need to know and remember that those are different things and what actually happens when you roll the dice.

I accept that it may be extra difficult to remember this when the ASLSK rules go out of their way to teach players the wrong concepts and present the TH charts in as confusing a manner as possible. Nevertheless, I hope that the ASLSK rules don't present To Hit Number modifiers as "DRM", because they are not and should not be treated as such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.