Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Birch
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello All

I am designing a game but when it comes to printing out game cards, I am at a loss.

What is the consensus on gsm for cardstock cards? (am using a home printer that I believe can handle up to 300gsm).

Also which finish would be better, smooth or matte? They will be sleeved as they will be kept as a Hand to play but does the image quality vary much? (compared to say, plain paper and photo paper which is an obvious quality difference).

Am also toying with double sided printing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated before I invest in printer cardstock.

Many Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't waste card stock until you're way along in prototyping. I'd buy some sleeves and some trash magic cards, then print your cards on paper and sleeve them in front of the magic cards.

This will make it easy and cheap to playtest changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Birch
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:
Don't waste card stock until you're way along in prototyping. I'd buy some sleeves and some trash magic cards, then print your cards on paper and sleeve them in front of the magic cards.

This will make it easy and cheap to playtest changes.

Thank you. I have done the paper print prototypes, sleeving them and giving them some rigidity using playing cards. The game information on the cards is unlikely to change but the ruleset is in playtesting. I was just looking ahead at the next phase of development, going on the positive feedback I had recieved so far.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.