Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Warfighter arrived today and i promptly sleeved it and got it to the table. The "sample mission" went surprisingly smoothly, in terms of game play, though we didn't win (the Screeners kept us busy for too long and our timer ran out).

Now, of course, the obligatory first-session questions:

1) May multiple copies of cards like Advance and Steady Aim be played at the same time for cumulative bonuses? e.g. to get +6 movement (2x Advance) or +lots of Attack (each Steady Aim gives +2[4] Attack). (Obviously, the upgunning cost would need to be paid for each card.)

2) Do Hostile abilities like Inspire and Reinforce continue to work even if the unit with the ability is Suppressed?

3) Inspire: if multiple Hostiles have Inspire, is the Inspiration cumulative? i.e. does each one remove a Suppress counter from every suppressed hostile?

3b) Units with Inspire also Inspire themselves, correct? (The keyword description says "all" units, i just want to verify.)

:-?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. yes, they usually stack.
2. no. That makes suppression a good counter to nasty hostile abilities
3. yes
3b. yes, I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your answers .

Vladimir17 wrote:
2. no. That makes suppression a good counter to nasty hostile abilities

For completeness, i just found the reference to this in the rules (the "v3" rulebook PDF, pages 13-14):

rulebook wrote:
5 - Attack Range and Attack Chart - Hostiles use the chart on their card to inflict various effects on your team.

Some Hostile cards have an effect, but no die roll or Attack chart. This text is only active if there is at least one Hostile Reticle that is not Suppressed and not Killed on the card.

6 – Special Ability - Some Hostile cards have Special Ability text at the bottom of their card. This text is only active if there is at least one Hostile Reticle that is not Suppressed and not Killed on the card.

Edit: as written, that means that "Screened by" also doesn't apply if the unit which is Screened By is fully suppressed. That seems kind of odd, but that's probably a very rare (or impossible?) corner case. i can't currently think of a condition where it would even be possible to exploit that, because of the timing of reinforcements and automatic removal of a suppression counter. Anyway...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.