Subject: Events questions (partial spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yan Bertrand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello again!
(Looks like you answerd my previous question too quickly for me not to ask another one. )
a - When an event is drawn, does it count towards the 3 invader cards to draw for this phase? (I assume it does due to the phrasing of 1 of the events.)
b - In chapter 2,
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Heroic charge requires to discard 2 deployed defenders. Does this have to be done immediately, or can it wait until the strategize phase (to deploy defenders to discard)?
c - Assuming "it has to be done immediately" to question "b", then when I draw that event as part of the first invasion phase (when I don't have any defenders deployed because I never got a chance to do it yet), I guess I'm just out of luck - right?

Thank you for your support!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweet Lemon
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Herman92 wrote:
Hello again!
(Looks like you answerd my previous question too quickly for me not to ask another one. )
a - When an event is drawn, does it count towards the 3 invader cards to draw for this phase? (I assume it does due to the phrasing of 1 of the events.)
b - In chapter 2,
Heroic charge requires to discard 2 deployed defenders. Does this have to be done immediately, or can it wait until the strategize phase (to deploy defenders to discard)?
c - Assuming "it has to be done immediately" to question "b", then when I draw that event as part of the first invasion phase (when I don't have any defenders deployed because I never got a chance to do it yet), I guess I'm just out of luck - right?

Thank you for your support!

Hi!

a) It does not count towards the 3 invaders.
b) you set aside the event card and it can be played at any time during this strategy phase.
c) See b).

We love questions, keep them coming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan Bertrand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I did play both aspects wrong, then... Hmm... I'll correct this in my next plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan Bertrand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To add to these questions:
- I take it this is true for both "good" and "bad" events, right?
- How long do the events remain available?
- Ex of the question above in chapter 3, to illustrate:
- Does Raid the Supply Lines remain in place at the end of the turn if I haven't used it?
- While I'm at it, is it permanently there (i.e. from the time I draw it, I can discard defenders from my hand to bury invaders to the bottom of the invader's deck, until the end of the game?

I'm just looking for all possible ways to help, because chapter 3 with the Humans is... very tough to me. Well, it's not supposed to be a walk in the park either.
cool

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweet Lemon
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Herman92 wrote:
To add to these questions:
- I take it this is true for both "good" and "bad" events, right?
- How long do the events remain available?
- Ex of the question above in chapter 3, to illustrate:
- Does Raid the Supply Lines remain in place at the end of the turn if I haven't used it?
- While I'm at it, is it permanently there (i.e. from the time I draw it, I can discard defenders from my hand to bury invaders to the bottom of the invader's deck, until the end of the game?

I'm just looking for all possible ways to help, because chapter 3 with the Humans is... very tough to me. Well, it's not supposed to be a walk in the park either.
cool

Thank you!

This is true for all events. The events stay in play only for the round that they are drawn in.

Good luck with the chapter! And remember, this is all about fun, so if you end up playing a lot of losing games and you dont enjoy the challenge/feel like you cant improve your play anymore, its ok to just move on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan Bertrand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I thought so as well and peeked into chapter 4's setup. It looks like it'll just increase that all further, so I don't feel like playing the game solo any further. (At least that's how i feel today after 4 lost games in a row. Without feeling there was much I could have done differently. I wonder how others do it.)
I'll see if a friend can come to my rescue!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.