Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
remi van den barg
Netherlands
arnhem
gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CT. in de rules book it says the second die must be equal or higher. And the CY. it's say it must be equal or lower. But on the board it's the other way around. What's true

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan C
United Kingdom
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This has me confused too. The arrows on the board seem to be the opposite of what is stated in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
dutchmountains wrote:
CT. in de rules book it says the second die must be equal or higher. And the CY. it's say it must be equal or lower. But on the board it's the other way around. What's true

SuperAbobo wrote:
This has me confused too. The arrows on the board seem to be the opposite of what is stated in the rules.

I think you guys are just misreading the board.

The iconography on the board shows:

Die 1 <= Die 2

Which would be written out in English as "Die 1 must be less than or equal to Die 2".

Another way of saying this that is different but equivalent is "Die 2 must be greater than or equal to Die 1."

Which would look like:

Die 2 >= Die 1

The reason the wording is in the manual right-to-left and the iconography on the board is left-to-right is because you place new dice on the right. If you flipped the <= symbol to >=, you'd have to place the dice starting on the right side and moving to the left, which would be counter-intuitive.

Does all that make sense? It's just two different ways of saying the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.