Hide
10 Posts

Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Setup ??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
The setup of this game totally blows my mind. I would appreciate if someone can help me out here, thanks in advance.

So the rulebook says Objectives are marked with " 1, 2 or 3 " Well this is not true , I have " The Perfect organism " only 2 cards of those and they both have printed " Objective 3 " and " Objective 3 goal ". Then i gt 2 cards from " No one can hear you scream " , one of those objective 2 , the other objective 2 - goal. Same thing with objective 1 - " The S.O.S" , 3 cards each one says objective 1 and objective 1- goal. And there are 4 egg cards with the S.O.S cards.

Can someone clarify, how exactly do you combine those cards to create the mission decks ? Rulebook says " Find objective 3 thirteen card mini- deck " , well i found 12 of those with printed " The perfect organism" at the bottom. Is it objective card 3 " Airlock Controls ( goal ) " card that i need to add as the last card ? Really confused here.

And what about the " No one can hear your scream " objectives, having similar problem there too. I have only 10 of those card with printed " No one can hear you scream" on the bottom, and one " Objective 2". Rulebook says i should have 11, i assume excluding " objective 2 " which if i figured out this correctly should go on the " Objective " space. So i am missing 1 cars somehow ?

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to check whether you have missing cards, there is a card list here: 1 Page Card List

The mission-specific cards will have the name (e.g. "Perfect Organism") printed in the same place (bottom of the card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor K
Belarus
flag msg tools
When separating the decks you should look at the names at the very bottom of the cards. The three mission decks for "Alien" are constructed from cards with these writings at the cards' bottom - "The S.O.S. - 1", "No one can hear you scream - 2", "The perfect organism - 3". As you'll see, "goal" cards are part of mission decks. Objective cards in the base game don't have anything at their bottom. Have a look at the cards again more closely, I hope you'll see the difference now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
Check that list, but honestly i cant tell if i am missing a card, although i checked the whole stack of cards , there are only 10 cards ( excluding Objective 2 card ) from " No one can hear you scream " card with that text printed on the bottom, so looks like i am missing one.

About the characters - how do you use the bunch of sergeant " Apron" , Jonesy , Missing Brother , Larry Purvis and Newt characters ? I cant see any info about this type of cards in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor K
Belarus
flag msg tools
About characters you mentioned - again, have a look at the line at the very bottom of those cards, it'll guide you in what deck you should shuffle the cards. As far as I remember all of them go to respective mission decks apart from the sergeant cards - those are a separate deck with its own place on the playmat, the rulebook describes how to acquire them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It might also help to watch the movies...
meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saifur wrote:
The setup of this game totally blows my mind. I would appreciate if someone can help me out here, thanks in advance.

So the rulebook says Objectives are marked with " 1, 2 or 3 " Well this is not true , I have " The Perfect organism " only 2 cards of those and they both have printed " Objective 3 " and " Objective 3 goal ". Then i gt 2 cards from " No one can hear you scream " , one of those objective 2 , the other objective 2 - goal. Same thing with objective 1 - " The S.O.S" , 3 cards each one says objective 1 and objective 1- goal. And there are 4 egg cards with the S.O.S cards.

Can someone clarify, how exactly do you combine those cards to create the mission decks ? Rulebook says " Find objective 3 thirteen card mini- deck " , well i found 12 of those with printed " The perfect organism" at the bottom. Is it objective card 3 " Airlock Controls ( goal ) " card that i need to add as the last card ? Really confused here.

And what about the " No one can hear your scream " objectives, having similar problem there too. I have only 10 of those card with printed " No one can hear you scream" on the bottom, and one " Objective 2". Rulebook says i should have 11, i assume excluding " objective 2 " which if i figured out this correctly should go on the " Objective " space. So i am missing 1 cars somehow ?

Thanks again.

Hey, just a little FYI. When you put “quotation marks” around something, you don’t put a space between the quotation marks and the thing you're putting them around. When you do, it’s really distracting and hard to read what you’re writing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
Ok, I think i figured out most of the stuff.One thing i cant find any info about is the * ( like a snow flake) symbol some cards have in their right lower corner. "Ash" for example is such card with number "8" and this symbol.What does that symbol means ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Lujan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
the asterisk symbol just tells you to make sure you read the text
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. It usually means there's some kind of Fight restriction (where, when, or how) specified in the card text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.