Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Flying Monsters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Lim
msg tools
Couple of questions about flying monsters:


1) Can enemies (i.e. my characters) pass through stationary flying monsters during movement?

2) Can flying monsters end their movement on traps and obstacles?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. R. "Bob" Dobbs
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1) No.

2) Yes.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yick wrote:
1) Can enemies (i.e. my characters) pass through stationary flying monsters during movement?


No, unless that enemy has flying (or a jump movement) themselves.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Bartel
Australia
Salisbury Heights
SA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules, page 19:
"Figures (characters and monsters) can move through allies, but cannot move through enemies or obstacles."

"Some figures may also have the “Flying” special trait. This allows figures to completely ignore any figures and terrain tiles during any part of their movement, including the last hex, except that they still must end their movement in an unoccupied hex (no figures present)."

Flyers may pass through non flyers, but not vice versa.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
haos17 wrote:
Rules, page 19:
"Figures (characters and monsters) can move through allies, but cannot move through enemies or obstacles."

"Some figures may also have the “Flying” special trait. This allows figures to completely ignore any figures and terrain tiles during any part of their movement, including the last hex, except that they still must end their movement in an unoccupied hex (no figures present)."

Flyers may pass through non flyers, but not vice versa.

Flyers may pass through other flyers as well.
(and jumpers are considered flyers until they reach the end of their move)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Sullivan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Shall we play a game?
badge
Shall we play a game?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
Yick wrote:
1) Can enemies (i.e. my characters) pass through stationary flying monsters during movement?


No, unless that enemy has flying (or a jump movement) themselves.

Maybe I am reading this wrong. But ...

When you are moving something (player mini or a monster standee) you only consider if the thing you are moving has flying or jumping.

If you are moving something without flying or jumping it cannot move through enemies even if those enemies do have flying or jumping. Right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Xaqery wrote:
JayJ79 wrote:
Yick wrote:
1) Can enemies (i.e. my characters) pass through stationary flying monsters during movement?


No, unless that enemy has flying (or a jump movement) themselves.

Maybe I am reading this wrong. But ...

When you are moving something (player mini or a monster standee) you only consider if the thing you are moving has flying or jumping.

If you are moving something without flying or jumping it cannot move through enemies even if those enemies do have flying or jumping. Right?

correct. you only consider if the thing you are moving has flying/jumping.

The OP used the term "enemy" to describe the thing they were moving, but didn't specify that the thing they were moving was non-flying. So I said that if the thing they were moving HAD flying (or a jump movement), then that thing could move through stationary flying monsters.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Bartel
Australia
Salisbury Heights
SA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
haos17 wrote:
Rules, page 19:
"Figures (characters and monsters) can move through allies, but cannot move through enemies or obstacles."

"Some figures may also have the “Flying” special trait. This allows figures to completely ignore any figures and terrain tiles during any part of their movement, including the last hex, except that they still must end their movement in an unoccupied hex (no figures present)."

Flyers may pass through non flyers, but not vice versa.

Flyers may pass through other flyers as well.
(and jumpers are considered flyers until they reach the end of their move)


Yes, that is clearly a consequence of the rules statements above.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.