Hide
6 Posts

N: The Napoleonic Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Scenario 1 typo? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenny Rankin
msg tools
In scenario one it says Box L all four red diplomats. Box M French diplomats Talleyrand and Reinhard. Are these the wrong way around?
I wish now that I had also purchased Mrs Thatcher's War, but I was put off by the box cover. Like most people in the UK we hate ALL politicians. We are "Lions led by donkeys" (British soldiers during the First World War)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Pundyk
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
You were put off the game because there was a picture of Margaret Thatcher on it????!!!!????

Wow, there must be tons of WWII games you avoid because the box covers have pictures of truly odious people on them, like Stalin and Hitler.

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Nellen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doland wrote:
In scenario one it says Box L all four red diplomats. Box M French diplomats Talleyrand and Reinhard. Are these the wrong way around?

You are right! Due to a last minute change just before this game got published, the position of both boxes have been swapped. This is also the case for all other scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Rankin
msg tools
Edward it is just Maggi. The others were just evil. Watch old episodes of Spitting Image to see why.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Rankin
msg tools
Thank you Stefan. I have made a battle map printed on A4 paper. This is because I keep knocking over the counters on the main map. It is just 5 boxes for the countries and a smaller one for Portugal, They are joined by lines as on the main map. All armies go on the battle map. There is a box each for the Player force pool, Neutral force pool, French allies and the Guard.
I have some plain counters from another game and have written the word battle on each. These go in the countries on the main map to show were a battle is to take place. They are turned over once the battle has been done. The diplomats stay on the main map. I will see if this is better.
Ken
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ChrysagonDeLaCroix wrote:
Doland wrote:

You are right! Due to a last minute change just before this game got published, the position of both boxes have been swapped. This is also the case for all other scenarios.

The official errata are on their way. Box "L" should be labeled "M" (and Box "M" should be labeled "L") on the Counter Tray Sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.