5 Posts

Voyage of the B.S.M. Pandora» Forums » Rules

Subject: what do you do in §055? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nik Dert

Sopot
msg tools
It says that after picking a crew member at random "All his Ratings are reduced". Would you reduce his weight also? I wouldn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kur ka wrote:
It says that after picking a crew member at random "All his Ratings are reduced". Would you reduce his weight also? I wouldn't.

Maybe they lost a limb? ow... zombie
Or atrophied?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I view it as the sleep tanks failing to provide sufficient nutrition resulting in debilitating weight loss which is unrecoverable in the time scale of the game.

John's suggestion of atrophied is a good short answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, the weight should also be reduced (which is a positive thing during missions/roving). I assume that it cannot be 0 after subsequent bad events.

But wait - there is another rating not printed on the counter but present according to the rules. This is the Endurance rating. It should also be reduced in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Who knew the sleep pods were fitted with shrink rays? :ninja:

I pulled out Universe to see if it has anything on pod malfunctions. Unfortunately by the era Universe is set in the stasis pods seem to have been phased out. At least I did not see any at a glance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.