Subject: Spoiler through game 4 regarding glory and capacity rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Adkison
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
I'm preparing for game 5 by re-reading all the rules cards to find anything we might be doing wrong and generally try to dial in the rules.

There's a "rule" that somehow got into my head that I now think is in error---the Forever King only knows where it comes from.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
"When you finish a row of glory, increase your capacity by one point (fill in a circle)." If this is a rule, where is it? And, yes, I know about the glory benefits described in rule 28, I've been thinking this is in addition to that. I know think I just imagined this in my head.

Assuming I'm right about being wrong...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
To correct this, it seems easy enough to subtract one capacity for each row of filled glory (most charters have 1). As a sanity check, is it true that with every active charter, if I add their capacity additions(beyond the initial 4) and their victories that should equal the number of games played - 1? Or are there other ways of getting capacity in the first 4 gamesthat I'm blanking on?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dionne
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only add capacity once you've completed the capacity glory row and once it's completed, you get one capacity at the beginning of each subsequent game during setup.

That's the only way to get capacity other than at the end of each game you didn't win. So, it should still be fairly easy to figure out how many capacity each player should really have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Adkison
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Thank you, Charles.

Everything makes sense now. All hail the Forever King and his magnificence!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that the winner of the first game will have an additional victory with no-one having gained a capacity increase, so their gained capacity+victories will equal games played+games started since filling capacity glory row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.