Subject: Poison Dart dice faces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed my Poison Dart die, for Patches, is showing different numbers than on the reference sheet.
Mine has.
1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3.
Sheet says:
1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3.

Have I got a misprinted die, or is the reference sheet in error?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Smith
msg tools
mbmbmb
You've probably got a misprinted die. I got a stat die for Tantrum with two fives (no six). Contact Chip Theory Games and they'll replace the die for free. They even gave me a special trove loot card for the trouble (which is an awesome artifact). Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This is one of those rare posts that's actually motivated me to pull a game off the shelf to answer a question!

My Patches Poison Dart die shows 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

We are talking about die #8, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ville Ervasti
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You should take the time to check ALL dice. I had one faulty generic attack die (twice the bones) and one misprinted skilldie on Boomer. It takes time and a little effort, but you can get all the possible mistakes fixed at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

CthulhuStoleXmas wrote:
You should take the time to check ALL dice.

Wow... this is something that I hadn't considered, but based on what I've read in this thread and a few earlier threads, seems like very sound advice!

But it does make one wonder how misprints of this nature are even possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thanks.
Sounds like a misprinted die then.
I will have to find the time to go through them all before contacting customer service. Hmmm....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A PDF with all dice can be found on CTG's support site if anyone is wondering:
https://chiptheorygames.com/pages/support

Just click on "Other Downloads" below the TMB logo and you'll see "Dice Visual Reference Guide".

bgm1961 wrote:

CthulhuStoleXmas wrote:
You should take the time to check ALL dice.

Wow... this is something that I hadn't considered, but based on what I've read in this thread and a few earlier threads, seems like very sound advice!

But it does make one wonder how misprints of this nature are even possible?

I'm not 100% sure but I think they said that it's got something to do with the heat transfer technique which could lead to errors. I had no misprints but found seven dice with minor and two with major damage when checking mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus S
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Inspired by this thread, I went through and checked my dice. I do not have any misprinted, but I did notice a few things:
Boomer 12 and Picket 14 dice faces seem "out of order". No impact on game play in any way, but still kind of interesting.
One of my Tantrum stat counters is printed our of order. Again no impact on play, but it's nice that all the counters in the game are printed in the same order, so having a stat counter that is completely out of order is a bit strange.
One of my defense dice is actually a different shaped dice, the corners are much more rounded than the rest of the dice in the game.

Again, none of these impact play and I am not complaining but it was just interesting to go through the dice and notice some of these anomalies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Well, I just finished checking all my dice, as well. I'm posting this as a "data point" only.

I checked:
- Boomer
- Tantrum
- Patches
- Tink
- Picket
- All Def and Atk dice
- All (7) Tyrant Dice
- All Effect Dice
- All Lockpicking Dice

All dice matched the reference sheets, for all sides!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.