7 Posts

Tiny Epic Zombies» Forums » Rules

Subject: room ability: stop sign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vince wang
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
one of the room ability is stop sign. it stops the current turn immediately so my understanding is the human player will not go to the flipping search card phase. so no search card will be revealed. then what should the zombie player do? still hand out a search card to that player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zac Dortch
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"STOP" means "No More Moves"?
My understanding of the 'STOP' room abilities is that they use up any remaining 'moves' you may have still had left.

For example, if you use your first move, then shoot a zombie, then use a 'RUNNING' room ability, you could then continue your turn and use your second move, etc.

However, if you use the second move, then melee a zombie, then use a 'STOP' room ability, then you can NOT use your third and final 'move/kill/action' option for the turn. You could still 'collect items' after a 'STOP' room ability (if the store was free of zombies), and you would still 'Search the Room' to flip over your search card and get a new one from the zombie player.

By this logic, if the 'STOP' ability is used after your third 'move/kill' option of the turn, then the 'stopping' part really has no effect.

I could be wrong, but that's the way it read to me.

^_^
-LordRaidor-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brevity exceeds allocated space
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so. Well, most of that seems right but

Quote:
Stopping Ability: If you use this ability, your Turn is immediately over and you end your Turn in that Room.

Using that room ability happened during C. USE ROOM's ABILITY. Immediately should mean you don't get to D. COLLECT ITEMS.

It could be an error in the rules but that also means the human Player also does not 2. SEARCH THE ROOM by flipping up their facedown Search card. If that's true, then on the Zombie turn after that Player Turn that ended immediately, the zombie cannot 1. CHECK FOR NOISE since the Player doesn't have a faceup search card. 2. ADD NEW ZOMBIES is normal, and then 3. DEAL / DRAW SEARCH CARDS is performed according to the rulebook text, placing a card "in front of the Human player who just revealed a Search Card," which means no one.

So apparently ending the Player's turn with the stop sign means they were so quiet / sneaky (?), they won't even reveal or get a new Search card that turn.

Rule clarification please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vince wang
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm with you on this. but if there is no search card revealed, there is nothing left for the zombie player to do at all, not even the second step, adding new zombies, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding zombies is a required step of the zombie turn whereas the other two steps are based off a human player revealing a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the updated rules posted today you do reveal a search card.

"Stopping Ability: If you use this ability, your Turn is immediately over and you end your Turn in that Room. You still reveal your Search Card as normal."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya, smiled when I read that. Maybe because of this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.