Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin von Allmen
Switzerland
Zuchwil
Zuchwil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello.
I search the best (yes, the best! :-)) Mario-Kart Adaption or Style-Game.
-a racing game
-you can mean to others (using items, push them over the board or something)
-Game-time is about 30 minutes
-its fun! obviously!

did you now something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Board doesn't look racy enough for me, but take a look.
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/230408/monopoly-gamer/fo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ben card
United States
ORLANDO
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
only one i know is rush and bash by quick simple fun. pretty cheap too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Kalenda
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Lemminge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PitchCar and PitchCar Mini are a lot of fun, because you can arrange the track pieces to make many different courses. For Mario Kart "attacking your opponents" gaming, have a look at Disney Pixar Cars 2 Sorry Sliders: World Grand Prix Race Edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom B.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've not played Ave Caesar but it is known as a mean racing game where you can block other players.
In Lemming Mafia you play dirty tricks during the race but it is as much a betting game as a racing game.
There is a MarioKart retheme of Colossal Arena but it doesn't feature a track to race on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian B.
Denmark
Frederiksberg C
flag msg tools
I don't design games, I play them!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely search for "Mario pitchkart" on Google! You're welcome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monopoly Gamer does this decently well. Not just another monopoly clone. Actually has new stuff. Look at drive thru review's vidro review. Looks like it was supposed to be like mario party, but ended up more like mario kart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I assume these are crap,but

Super Mario Kart: The Card Game
Mario Kart 7: Super Sound Racing Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There’s a Sonic the Hedgehog facing game on Kickstarter right now, I saw it on a banner on this site.

It’s probably just a lame cash in, but the optimist in me hopes otherwise. Don’t know who’s backing this though!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mekanikal fiend wrote:
only one i know is rush and bash by quick simple fun. pretty cheap too.

Do not look any further. This is what you need! And you can also get the Rush & Bash: Winter Is Now expansion to go with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolf MF
msg tools
mbmbmb
Devir it's going to edit Gretchinz!

I think that this similar to what you are looking for. It's not out yet, but it's going to be available soon, at least here in Spain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne G
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I don't think anyone mentioned

XWing-Mario-Kart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McDonald
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidSL wrote:
There’s a Sonic the Hedgehog facing game on Kickstarter right now, I saw it on a banner on this site.

It’s probably just a lame cash in, but the optimist in me hopes otherwise. Don’t know who’s backing this though!!

IDW has a Sonic racing game coming out too. And it's definitely Mario Kart inspired. I know because I designed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dutch

Indiana
msg tools
mb
If you take off the 30 minutes requirement...

Crazy Karts Reminds me a little of Mario Kart.

You should also take a look at Gaslands. The Death Race scenario definitely has the Mario Kart feel and someone is working on a fan made Mario Kart variant. You buy only the rulebook and source the cars with Hot Wheels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Redd Lantern
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
Love board games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

MrGlubGlub wrote:
DavidSL wrote:

IDW has a Sonic racing game coming out too. And it's definitely Mario Kart inspired. I know because I designed it.

The current KS Sonic game looks a bit like a roll-and-move style with a special move card thrown in for variety. Targeting a younger gaming audience it appears. I have already seen a few snippets here and there on the IDW Sonic game. It appears to have tile laying approach. It looks a bit more dynamic from a game mechanics standpoint. I am waiting for the IDW game to check it out. Feel free to provide details since you are in the know on your game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Senner
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
anne001 wrote:
I don't think anyone mentioned

XWing-Mario-Kart

X-wing Mario cart is awesome! Its really easy to make some cards and start racing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Freerksen
United States
River Forest
Illinois [IL]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rush n' Crush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john greeb
United States
flag msg tools
mb

A couple not mentioned yet:
Titan Race
Hot Rod Creeps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Vapor's Gambit was the one that won the race in our house. Not my favorite game by a long shot but it hits all your marks and I can see why kids like it. It even has metal miniatures and gems!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Reynolds
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steampunk Rally
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad McCoy
United States
Vilonia
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Junkyard Races

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McDonald
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ReddLantern wrote:

MrGlubGlub wrote:
DavidSL wrote:

The current KS Sonic game looks a bit like a roll-and-move style with a special move card thrown in for variety. Targeting a younger gaming audience it appears. I have already seen a few snippets here and there on the IDW Sonic game. It appears to have tile laying approach. It looks a bit more dynamic from a game mechanics standpoint. I am waiting for the IDW game to check it out. Feel free to provide details since you are in the know on your game!

To be honest, the game started as a Mario Kart inspired game. But being a Nintendo fan since 84 I know Nintendo almost too well. If they ever made a MK board game themselves, or any game of their franchises, they wouldn't just make a carbon copy to the nth degree, they'd try to innovate using the platform the game is being made on, and elegantly so. That's what I tried to do. I'll try not to steal IDW's thunder, but it's a racing game that is best described as 'combo-building' and 'track-building'. Simple to teach, 70%/30% tactical to strategy, but rewards smart decisions while keeping it neck and neck to the end. I hope people like it!

And all these new gameplay ideas were better serviced under the Sonic license and theme ironically, so it really came together very well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.