Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Colston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that each character takes only one action at a time then play passes to the next player. The rules also describe moving and exploring as separate actions when the adventure phase is explained. However the example given shows a character moving and then exploring all on the same turn. Also the rules explain that exploring occurs at the end of a players movement if he/she moves into a blank space. If this is true does it take two actions to both move and explore? Would two bullets be turned over rather than one? In a similar way is evading a separate action too? If so would you spend two actions to move and evade a creature to keep moving? I have the first edition game and ruleset. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

no exploring and evading is included in the movement action.

So when you move into a blank spot, you draw a tile from the stack and your movement is done. You encounter the tile then.

The same with evading: If you failed evading you either stop moving or you still move but take the damage penalty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Colston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Sebastian. Your explanation reflects what I thought might be true. They are part of the move action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Colston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also thanks Paul for responding. I now understand thanks to you and Sebastian. Just to clarify. I believe you meant to say that “searching” is a standalone action for a room that has already been revealed. “Exploring” occurs when you are revealing a new tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.