Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you kill a specter you get the unique ectoplasm item which only has one in the deck. After using it there are no more in the deck. If you kill another specter later can you get the ectoplasm from the item discard or do you not get it because there isn't one in the item deck? I guess the question is can you get an item from discard if you earned it and the item is not in the item deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
When you kill a specter you get the unique ectoplasm item which only has one in the deck. After using it there are no more in the deck. If you kill another specter later can you get the ectoplasm from the item discard or do you not get it because there isn't one in the item deck? I guess the question is can you get an item from discard if you earned it and the item is not in the item deck?

Pg. 33 of the rulebook:

"If told to draw a specific item that is already in the item discard pile (such as a ritual item), players will still get to take the item by drawing it from the discard pile. However, if told to gain a specific item that is already owned by another player, nothing will be drawn, and ownership of that item will not change"

It was supposed to get it's own bullet point I think. Right now this paragraph kinda gets lost in there. Easy to miss!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ssgibson wrote:
skyzero wrote:

Pg. 33 of the rulebook:

"If told to draw a specific item that is already in the item discard pile (such as a ritual item), players will still get to take the item by drawing it from the discard pile. However, if told to gain a specific item that is already owned by another player, nothing will be drawn, and ownership of that item will not change"

It was supposed to get it's own bullet point I think. Right now this paragraph kinda gets lost in there. Easy to miss!

Thanks for the follow-up, scanned the book but missed it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls