The World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch» Forums » General

Subject: Game Tiles Warped rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Nowak
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hey everyone. Just got my game and a few of the tiles are warped. Anyone else get this? Is there a way to get them back to normal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just get some heavy books, leave the tiles in the open air of your house on a coffee table with the books sitting on top of them for a day. Flip them and repeat if necessary. It's probably just the humidity difference that caused the warping.

Mine were 90% fine. Had two that I stuck under some books for a day and are good now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Nowak
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, only about 3 or 4 pieces are warped, the rest are fine. I'll give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I had the same problem. But after a few days the warping dissapeared. I think the warping is the result of the extrem temperature differences between the time during transport and the warmth of your cosy home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Wilhelmi
Germany
Husum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is quite common with CMON (and other companies as well) games. It goes away after a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
dr.morton wrote:
This is quite common with CMON (and other companies as well) games. It goes away after a while.

This. Leave them in open air to accelerate the process of the cardboard relaxing. In the game box they can take longer to normalize.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, domestic US backers are starting to receive their copies? I didn't think we'd be getting them for another couple weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Nowak
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
swirlsaepi wrote:
Wait, domestic US backers are starting to receive their copies? I didn't think we'd be getting them for another couple weeks.

I didn't have the money at the time for the Kickstarter or late pledge, so I bought it from someone in the UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MystereGuy wrote:
swirlsaepi wrote:

I didn't have the money at the time for the Kickstarter or late pledge, so I bought it from someone in the UK.

Ohhhh. Well consider yourself lucky then, as you'll have the game a couple weeks before anyone else here in the States gets it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually just cut the shrink on one side and leave it for a few days before taking them out. It helps to slowly adjust the cardboard to your humidity levels and prevents them from warping at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.