5 Posts

Alhambra» Forums » General

Subject: New Anniversary edition 2018 compared to Big Box etc.? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donald M.
United States
flag msg tools
I got the Big Box from 2-3 yrs ago, Big Box Special, Falconers, Magical Buildings.

Now I see a new anniversary edition come out? What does it have that I don't have?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Richards
United States
De Pere
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if the big box has these, but the new anniversary edition has one larger board for cards and score track as well as the wooden fountain start pieces. but no expansions AFAIK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
flag msg tools
Yes maybe not worth getting if one already has the base version. I get the bigger board, wooden fountains, embossed cloth bag, but no reserve boards is that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Dunn
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can read about the new "Designers Edition" here:

https://www.facebook.com/QueenGames/photos/a.678511402299987...

Unfortunately if you have the Big Box already, they won't be offering a pledge for only new bits so you'd have to buy the game again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
So there will be no way to get these new modules? I already paid for two Alhambra kickstarters but they basically are saying “screw you, buy it all again!” If that’s true, Queen Games moves even lower down my list of preferred companies, and it’s already pretty low after what they did to Donald X and Kingdom Builder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.