flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the very Sasquatch-ian image:

Starting capital of 38, a titanium production, and a free card every time you play an Earth tag (including at the start of the game).

The titanium production is nice, and it's interesting to get a minimum 1 MC rebate every time you play an Earth tag, or perhaps something better on a useful card draw.

It's also an interesting set of tags to start with, depending on which map board you're using!

Whatever the new corporations are, I'm just excited to have more of them on the way, as it's been my #1 wish for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Whatever the new corporations are, I'm just excited to have more of them on the way, as it's been my #1 wish for the game.

I'm with you--bring 'em on! I'm willing to try any corporation once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I need to know what the flavor text says! heh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Yeager
United States
Hagerstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I’m always looking to get extra cards in game, and gravitate towards space and titanium production as well. I think this will be my choice over any of the current corporations. Excited to see the others! And yes, want to see that flovour text!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
1. Since the Space tags are approx. twice more as the Earth tags...
2. Since the corporation gives Titanium production...
3. Since the corporation has a Space tag...
3. Since Titanium can be used to play Space cards...

I think it is better to replace:
"a free card every time you play an Earth tag"
with
"when Space tag is played, Add a resource to this card OR Remove a resource to draw a card"
(basically a free card for every 2nd Space tag)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Couch
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it looks better than Saturn Systems. Competes with Teractor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danielle Goldman
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It looks pretty average to maybe the best corporation depending how many Earth tags you get. Perhaps we can assume this new expansion is going to bring us more of them? My experience is that people undervalue card draw too much since it gives you so much flexibility. Not a lot of money to work with though and if you only get a few of those card draws its not good at all. And cards with space and earth tags are very uncommon.

Really in most games I'm guessing it'll actually be one of the weaker corporations, but occasionally will get lucky and do really well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Cooper
msg tools
mbmbmb
Viximo wrote:
1. Since the Space tags are approx. twice more as the Earth tags...
2. Since the corporation gives Titanium production...
3. Since the corporation has a Space tag...
3. Since Titanium can be used to play Space cards...

I think it is better to replace:
"a free card every time you play an Earth tag"
with
"when Space tag is played, Add a resource to this card OR Remove a resource to draw a card"
(basically a free card for every 2nd Space tag)

Perhaps. Cards with space tags are generally more expensive than cards with earth tags. So in practice it will be difficult to play twice as many, so this will actually yield fewer card draws most of the time, I would think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I hope they add more project cards with Earth tags in the upcoming expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Kořistka
Czech Republic
Olomouc
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:

Try this:
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3999035/terraforming-mars-pr...

There was an announcement that is future expansion (not in this one) there will be more cards and corporation with Jovian tags - it means that the we could get the cards which were shown on one picture (Jovian moons, trade roads, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Schraut
Germany
Karlsruhe
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like the fact, that it is almost identical to Saturn Systems. But therefore it also is balanced, which is the most important thing.
I might have gone with 3M$ income instead of one titanium. Aside from alloys and sabotage it is pretty much the same, but would set itself apart from Saturn Systems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RobAntilles wrote:
I don't like the fact, that it is almost identical to Saturn Systems. But therefore it also is balanced, which is the most important thing.
I might have gone with 3M$ income instead of one titanium. Aside from alloys and sabotage it is pretty much the same, but would set itself apart from Saturn Systems.

So If it had a plant production instead, it would been a Ecoline replica? Or If it had heat production, a helion replica?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
van hash
msg tools
mb
draw a card when u decide to play with this company?

a little ambiguity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
orjanalmen wrote:
RobAntilles wrote:

So If it had a plant production instead, it would been a Ecoline replica? Or If it had heat production, a helion replica?

No, but in this case it's starting resources are nearly the same as Saturn Systems, and it's desire for earth tags is the same as Teractor. (whereas Helion/Ecoline have unique abilities)

It does fit the lunar theme though, which is original in itself. (looks a bit weak though, particularly as all starting resources can be customised)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
fanhsh wrote:

a little ambiguity

That just means that you start with an additional card. There is another corporation that gives 3 just for using that corporation. This one just gives you 1 extra card for every Earth tag including the corporation card which has an Earth tag. I would keep it separate from the 10 that you choose from to buy or discard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Broadstorm wrote:
fanhsh wrote:

a little ambiguity

That just means that you start with an additional card. There is another corporation that gives 3 just for using that corporation. This one just gives you 1 extra card for every Earth tag including the corporation card which has an Earth tag. I would keep it separate from the 10 that you choose from to buy or discard.

According to setup step 7, you choose your corporation and choose which of your 10 cards to keep. It is only after that that everyone reveals (plays) their chosen corporation, so you would only draw your card for playing Point Luna at that point, after you've chosen which of the original 10 to keep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
Broadstorm wrote:
fanhsh wrote:

a little ambiguity

According to setup step 7, you choose your corporation and choose which of your 10 cards to keep. It is only after that that everyone reveals (plays) their chosen corporation, so you would only draw your card for playing Point Luna at that point, after you've chosen which of the original 10 to keep.

That works. I have only played a few times, but the timing would make sure to keep that card separate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deane Gainey
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:

After studying the visible text on the larger image, the theme and details of the card, and the blurry smaller image, I believe it says

"The Moon is a perfect springboard to the solar system, and the mining company Point Luna has the largest space port on Luna, making them a perfect partner for Earth inventors wanting to realize their space projects"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.