Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Bernard
United States
Fairview
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We reluctantly accept the title of Gumshoes for this case, but we feel there were some extremely misleading clues and that our answers made more sense. Click in the box blow for details.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
There are two major problems with this case. We correctly concluded that Napier wasn't a conspirator and that his "involvement" in the crime was limited to innocently getting Doc Waddell a pass. However we concluded that McCain was involved because: 1) The note was in a shared locker. Just because Doc had a pass it doesn't follow that he had access to a locked locker; and 2) The gun required more than two to move. Doc was kind of old anyway so it seems unlikely that he and Brown could have moved it themselves. By all accounts Napier was a standup guy and had no real motive. We don't know much about McCain's background, but we do know he lied to us as follows: If we believe Sgt. Miller, who has no apparent reason to lie, the gun, Napier and McCain "vanished right into the blue". McCain says "the field piece was gone when I awoke." That makes it sound like he awoke on the base to find the gun missing. The commanding officer also confirms that both Napier and McCain were missing. The cops found McCain. It's not clear whether that was off the base or not, but it sounds like off. We felt that Doc and McCain could have easily faked/exaggerated his injuries. Further it seems highly unlikely that Brown and the older Doc could have subdued two soldiers. It's certainly possible that they brought additional people with them but considering that the case states we are on the "brink of war" it seems unlikely that Doc could have sneaked in a squad sufficient to overpower Napier and McCain, two trained fighting men. It's far more plausible that Doc sneaked Brown in and that they had a confederate on the inside - McCain, who helped them subdue Napier.

We certainly had fun with the case and plan to do them all. But we think our solution makes more sense than the "official" one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Player
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Agreed. This case was pretty convoluted and I like your solution much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daniel gagnon
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
My solution is also different
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Sgt Mayes said that it takes more than 2 men to wheel the artillery and since they found McCain I put Napier with the thieves.

Also, Napier is close to the Warell family (brother and sister). His motive could have been to strengthen his relationship with the family.

And why would Napier gave a pass to Doc Warell?

Which clues leads to innocent Napier?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.