Paths of Glory» Forums » Rules

Subject: Attacking from a besieged fort question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Phillips
United States
flag msg tools
Hi all,
If you besiege a level 1 fort (1 CF) with a CF 3 army, can you attack the fort with 1 CF and attack an adjacent position with the other 2 CF? The rules state units above what's needed to besiege may attack adjacent spaces but I'm not sure what they mean by units.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No unit may split its attack.

If you have multiple units in that space, then you may be able to do what you suggest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Freedman
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lonestar_ wrote:
Hi all,
If you besiege a level 1 fort (1 CF) with a CF 3 army, can you attack the fort with 1 CF and attack an adjacent position with the other 2 CF? The rules state units above what's needed to besiege may attack adjacent spaces but I'm not sure what they mean by units.

Thanks

What Eric said.

Even if the fort had a defense value of 3 and the besieging army had a CF=2, it could attack the fort while the other units in the besieging space could attack elsewhere. I mentioned it, because when it comes to armies, the strength doesn't matter. One army counter, regardless of size, can besiege a fort. Corps on the other hand, have to have CF greater than or equal to the defense value of the fort before leftover units (in the besieging space) could attack elsewhere.

The way you were specifying CF's, I wasn't sure if you realized this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Double Dan wrote:
Corps on the other hand, have to have CF greater than or equal to the defense value of the fort before leftover units (in the besieging space) could attack elsewhere.

Rules 15.2.1 wrote:
To besiege an enemy fort, either at least one
Army or a number of Corps equal to the fort’s LF must enter the fort’s space during a single Action Round and then stop movement.

Number of corps, not the corps' CF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Freedman
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
Double Dan wrote:
Corps on the other hand, have to have CF greater than or equal to the defense value of the fort before leftover units (in the besieging space) could attack elsewhere.

Rules 15.2.1 wrote:
To besiege an enemy fort, either at least one
Army or a number of Corps equal to the fort’s LF must enter the fort’s space during a single Action Round and then stop movement.

Number of corps, not the corps' CF.

Yes...you are correct. As much as I love this game, I rarely get to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.