Subject: First rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Schwarz
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOMHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!
badge
maybe on the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one....
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I have now finished preparing all materials for a forest temple adventure (the rest of the tiles and enemies will soon follow ) and I have started a game solo with two characters just to get a feeling for the game.
Up to this point it feels quite nice with quite a few options to consider.
One question arose while playing, though.
When I enter a special room and there is an enemy that has to be defeated, do I also gain the items for defeating the enemy or do I just activate the room by defeating it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Neva Kee wrote:
Hi,

I have now finished preparing all materials for a forest temple adventure (the rest of the tiles and enemies will soon follow ) and I have started a game solo with two characters just to get a feeling for the game.
Up to this point it feels quite nice with quite a few options to consider.
One question arose while playing, though.
When I enter a special room and there is an enemy that has to be defeated, do I also gain the items for defeating the enemy or do I just activate the room by defeating it?

Rulebook, page 11:

the player must
choose to either activate the dungeon feature
or receive rewards; the player cannot do both.
This includes when defeating enemies to activate
special rooms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Schwarz
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOMHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!
badge
maybe on the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one....
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thanks - must have missed it in regards to special rooms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neva Kee wrote:
Ah, thanks - must have missed it in regards to special rooms.

No worries. It's useful for me to know that everything is covered in the rulebook (or more importantly, what isn't covered)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Soanka
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris,

In regards to Special Rooms, mainly the Treasure Room, I have 2 questions.

1) Do all players have to be in the room to be able to contribute in activating it? Meaning the whole group can pool resources even if their character is not physically in room itself.

2) From how I've read it. in order for say, 2 players to be able to acquire Treasure, the group must pay 2(X) so each player gets a chance at drawing cards?

It's kind of fuzzy on the wording but I think you meant "multiples of X", maximum of 4 Treasure cards. So if a Treasure room requires 4 of a certain resource, then the group pays multiples of 4 to acquire more than 1 Treasure (keeping in mind drawing 2 cards and keeping only 1.)

If that is the case then Treasure is indeed very rare to acquire and I think we played it wrong by drawing X cards that we all pooled together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WhiteTiger78 wrote:
Chris,

In regards to Special Rooms, mainly the Treasure Room, I have 2 questions.

1) Do all players have to be in the room to be able to contribute in activating it? Meaning the whole group can pool resources even if their character is not physically in room itself.

They don't necessarily have to be in the room, but they have to be able to have some way to activate the room. So for example, a hero could use Magic from up to 2 rooms away to help contribute towards activating it.

Quote:
2) From how I've read it. in order for say, 2 players to be able to acquire Treasure, the group must pay 2(X) so each player gets a chance at drawing cards?

It's kind of fuzzy on the wording but I think you meant "multiples of X", maximum of 4 Treasure cards. So if a Treasure room requires 4 of a certain resource, then the group pays multiples of 4 to acquire more than 1 Treasure (keeping in mind drawing 2 cards and keeping only 1.)

If that is the case then Treasure is indeed very rare to acquire and I think we played it wrong by drawing X cards that we all pooled together.

When activating the Treasure Room, you can pay any amount of Interact from a minimum of X to a maximum of 4*X (technically, you can pay more, but the excess is wasted). For every X you pay, choose a player - that player draws 2 Treasure cards, chooses 1 to keep, and puts the other back on the bottom of the Treasure deck.

In this way, it's quite easy for one player to gain a single treasure, but if you want to gain the full 4 treasures (the maximum allowed per dungeon), you'll need to coordinate all the players together.

In any case, you shouldn't be pooling all the drawn treasure cards together. For every X that was paid, choose a player - that player draws 2 and keeps 1; then choose the next player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.