1d10=2d6
1d12=3d6

?????

Cose I see some trend.

Look:
d6 is two steps down from d10, so it become 2d6
d6 is three steps down from d12, so it become 3d6

So what about d4 and d8?

d8 is two steps down from d12, so can it become 2d8?
d4 is two steps down from d8, three from d10, and four from d12, so can it become 2d4,3d4,4d4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Sergant Rules
I think you're describing the Rapid Fire gift, not the Sergeant gift.

From the update description, I think it's only specifically for turning 1d10 into 2d6 and 1d12 into 3d6. 1d4/1d6/1d8 don't get turned into anything themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serg Pot
msg tools
Re: Sergant Rules
Yep, Rapid Fire ofcourse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serg Pot
msg tools
AdamStarks wrote:
1d4/1d6/1d8 don't get turned into anything themselves.

1d4/1d6 - yes, but 1d8 may be turned in 2d4, in my opininon.

Mb I just failed in explain how it works? Do you understand me? ( i dont try to offens you or someone else, just ask, cose mb i use "wrong words")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gift doesn't have some kind of factor-based duplication rule that you can extend to 1d8 (though such a rule may exist in Sandy's mind). The text itself specifically refers only to 1d10 and 1d12, from my understanding.

Now, if you want to house-rule that 1d8 can be turned into 2d4, that's probably okay, but might make the Gift a little more flexible/powerful than it was meant to be
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy

North Carolina
msg tools
Serg Pot I think your words are fine, I think maybe there is a cap to the number of dice Rapid Fire generates to avoid farming lower demons too fast and break the game. As now you can farm them but at a normal rate and that to.e spent is the trade off. Possibly players could fall back rapid fire u until luck is out, power up their character and then move forward stronger than the other characters. They might also be able to stay in front of the Start area, clean up all demons and then wait for the Lord to appear.

In sum, it seems like it would eliminate the need progress on there board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilberto Guillen
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
For rapid fire was intended to do 1 or the other once to asssit to kill lower lesser demons, I see the wuestion on why to not powergaming, this may be clarified in final game version

1D10 for 2 OR 1D12 for 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.