6 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: August SPOILERS! Important question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Nemeth
msg tools
Hi Geeks!

We played august, we almost win, but we haven't got any faded figure in the book... Because of that, I did a self sacrifice, but a player card was an "accelerated incubation card" (coDA color) witch is an "unfunded event card" too. So we did not place a faded figure in this city. In the next round we won the game... Or NOT?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you quote Accelerated Incubation Card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Nemeth
msg tools

Accelerated incubation states: When drawing player cards, check if any City cards drawn match the color of CODa place a Faded figure in each of the matching cities. If this would place a fourth figure, it is ignored and not placed - no outbreaks occurs and no quarantine marker is removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Performing the Self Sacrifice option only allows you to skip the Infect step of your turn i.e. drawing cards equal to the infection rate from the Infection deck. It doesn't stop you drawing Player cards, and doesn't stop any infection markers being placed as a result of anything in those player cards (Epidemics, Accelerated Incubation, anything else). So you still lost. Sorry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euan McLeod
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You seem to think that the card being an unfunded event stops it from being a card that triggers Accelerated incubation. Why? It is also still a city card, and if it's COdA color, you will have to place a faded figure (unless that city is already at three figures or has a quarantine). So i agree that you lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Nemeth
msg tools
Thanks for the quick answers, so sadly it was our second lost game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.