Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you have all weekend to play a game with 3 friends, if you can only choose one, which would you choose to play out of the following games?

Poll
You have all weekend and 3 mates ready to game all weekend, which one and only one of the following would you choose to play?
Gloomhaven
Kingdom Death: Monster
Zombicide: The Green Horde
Lords of Hellas
Rising Sun
Pandemic Legacy: Season 2
The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary
None, I rather not play a game than any of them!
      206 answers
Poll created by Bearhug78

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
KD:M, no questions asked.
You've never played anything like it before and it's completely insane.
Just build the minis beforehand, pour yourself a lot of beer, and have yourself some silly crazy fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Hubble
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gloomhaven - high on my to-play list but too expensive to buy without knowing I love it first
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would always choose a competitive game over a co-op. Rising Sun easily would be my choice from that list.

Lords of Hellas does look like my kind of game so that would be second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
badge
I voted "none" because I have never played any of those games, I have very little idea of how most of them play, none of them seem to be in my wheelhouse, and I wouldn't commit myself to an entire weekend of any of them without at least trying them out first. But who knows, maybe I'd like some of them, so the default "none" characterization is way off for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Grote
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played Gloomhaven the whole weekend with 2 friends with 5 hours of sleep. A blast! we were really sad when we had to go to work soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also play the whole Dunwhich Legacy cycle for Arkham Horror: the card game.
That would be quite intense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
A weekend would be enough time to get through a big chunk of the Pandemic: Legacy Season 2 campaign, I think.

That said, Gloomhaven is one of the only games my wife has ever finished and then said "let's play again" immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nash
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Eugh. I have to choose none?

I wouldn't play any of those, but there's no way I'd waste a weekend like that by playing nothing.

Where's my wooden cubes?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
Nashman88 wrote:

I wouldn't play any of those, but there's no way I'd waste a weekend like that by playing nothing.

Yeah, I'd much rather play Here I Stand followed by Virgin Queen, or Empires in Arms, Europa Universalis or Maga Civilization.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiji Kobayashi
Japan
flag msg tools
I'd let the others decide, and sit back with some popcorn as the civilized debate becomes less and less so. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
Favor Euros + Ameritrash, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Don't forget to have fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
mi_de wrote:
Maga Civilization.

Bearhug78 wrote:
3 friends

Just 14 friends short.

I voted for KD:M since I'm only allowed to pick one. Ideally though, if I have an entire weekend of uninterrupted time my answer is "almost every game on that list, plus a TON of heavy Euros".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Where's the 18OE: On the Rails of the Orient Express option?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of those games, Kingdom Death: Monster.

I have very little interest in Gloomhaven, Zombicide, or Pandemic Legacy (season 1 or 2). I have no interest in The Walking Dead game. Having not played them and being unsure on whether or not I'd enjoy them, I wouldn't commit to a whole weekend of Lords of Hellas or Rising Sun.

There are lots of other games I'd devote a whole weekend to - Twilight Imperium, Arkham Horror, Battlestar Galactica, Shadows of Brimstone, Folklore: The Affliction, Exodus: Proxima Centauri, Mage Knight, Xia: Legends of a Drift System.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaia Project, hands down. It's a big enough game (length, factions to explore, variety/replay value) to spend a whole weekend with only it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tough choice between gloomhaven and kingdom death, but gloomhaven wins out. If i get this weekend and only 1 game from my collection, galaxy defenders or magic realm (depending on my friends)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"None, I rather not play a game than any of them!" - because I've never played any of those and even if I really liked a game I doubt I'd want to play it all weekend. My ideal weekend would involve being outside during the day (e.g. walking or mountain biking) then playing games & drinking beer in the evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zabdiel wrote:
"None, I rather not play a game than any of them!" - because I've never played any of those and even if I really liked a game I doubt I'd want to play it all weekend. My ideal weekend would involve being outside during the day (e.g. walking or mountain biking) then playing games & drinking beer in the evening.

But if there's a snowstorm what will you play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
dshubble wrote:
Gloomhaven - high on my to-play list but too expensive to buy without knowing I love it first

Same here. I haven't played any of the listed games, but Gloomhaven is one I'm interested to learn about, so I chose that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
Well, I picked Gloomhaven, but none are really my type of game. That's the one I'd most want to play though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaitlyn Morgan
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked Zombicide since it's the only one I've played (a different iteration of it though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Great War Commander, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander Europe, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Combat Commander Pacific
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
None of them, because none of them are a type of game I enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there were an option for euros or economic games, I would have picked that one.

But I chose Gloomhaven. This is probably the only scenario where I'd play it, though. I'm sure I'd like it, but I prefer video games for that kind of game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
mi_de wrote:
Nashman88 wrote:

Yeah, I'd much rather play Here I Stand followed by Virgin Queen, or Empires in Arms, Europa Universalis or Mega Civilization.

Yes, to all of those. If I’m spending a whole weekend together, I want something that’s hard to get to the table otherwise. The games in the poll are playable in a night. But none of those longer wargames are ideal with 4.

Since OP said 4 players, 4 games of Friedrich back to back, rotating sides each game, would probably be my top choice. Next might be Pendragon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chinagirl geek
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We made the mistake with Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 of playing it too often in back-to-back chunks, both missing some of the important story details and not taking enough time to plan strategy for the new circumstances we faced.

So even though I think I will enjoy PL2 the most of the games on this list, I picked Gloomhaven, because that seems more of a binge game to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.