Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [CSI] Winter Chill Sale (2/19 to 2/25) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chicken Farmer
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
https://www.coolstuffinc.com/page/2662

Cottage Garden $31.99
Dragonfire $31.99
Dungeon of Fortune $3.99
Palenque $2.99
Pandemic Iberia $29.99 (currently $27.50 on Amazon)

Missed one:
Transatlantic $32.49

Limit 2 of each.


Daily Deal (2/19 only) is A Column of Fire for $24.95.
12 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally buried the lead:

The excellent brand new Mac Gerdts game Transatlantic is on sale for 50% off MSRP. ($32.45)



Bought a copy of Palenque last year at $3.99 just for the wooden bits! At $2.99 it's an even better deal for 144 discs and 70 logs/walls.


13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Troyan
United States
Elkton
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:


Bought a copy of Palenque last year at $3.99 just for the wooden bits! At $2.99 it's an even better deal for 144 discs and 70 logs/walls.



FYI, Palenque has a limit of 6, so that's a bunch of bits on the way to free shipping!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tails

Rochester
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What did people use the Palenque components to replace? I have a couple items in mind that I'd like to use the logs in place of, but not sure on all the discs.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Maier
United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
catelldm wrote:
What did people use the Palenque components to replace? I have a couple items in mind that I'd like to use the logs in place of, but not sure on all the discs.
Glue them together into an awesome tower or something. Well, more of a cylinder, but still. Or lay them out and pour acrylic over them to make a cool table. I've seen people do this with pennies.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lan Chan
msg tools
mbmb
Anyone played dragonfire and can comment on the game?

After checking out some review videos, the gameplay doesn't seem super exciting. It sounds like you just take cards from your hand that match the required colors that represent enemy hp and slowly whittle it down. Do your cards/items/skills have interesting effects? Is there a sense of your characters being unique and developing interesting skills?

Finally it sounds like the game has lots of overhead rules (like mageknight) and can be overwhelming unless you play it frequently enough to keep it all in your head.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in for two Palenques! Also interested in how others have used the pieces for this one in their games. Might be too small to use the disks for currency replacements....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Bishop
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
catelldm wrote:
What did people use the Palenque components to replace? I have a couple items in mind that I'd like to use the logs in place of, but not sure on all the discs.


I inherited an incomplete copy of Dominant Species a while back that was missing all the wooden bits. I just picked up a few of these in the hopes I can work something out to make it playable. Beyond that, prototyping!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Boots
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Wow that's quite the blowout for Palenque and Dungeon of Fortune.

Are neither of them worth playing at that price? Seems Palenque is a better parts game than anything!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Bought a copy of Palenque last year at $3.99 just for the wooden bits! At $2.99 it's an even better deal for 144 discs and 70 logs/walls.

and I thought it was a good deal for parts at $4.99 last August... now I'm just hoping no one bought a crap load of copies then and cursing me now...

Cool Stuff: Palenque $4.99 (+ shipping unless you qualify for free ship)... posting for game designers/etc for "parts", expires 8/13/2017, also Aquasphere $17.99

base poster... suggest putting a couple of the titles w/prices in the thread subject... I think there may be a fair number of folks who won't bother given CSI has a weekly sale every week and of late most have been lame
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tucker
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
catelldm wrote:
What did people use the Palenque components to replace? I have a couple items in mind that I'd like to use the logs in place of, but not sure on all the discs.


I used them to replace an empty space on my shelf. Working well so far.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Benson
United States
Pleasanton
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is an Age of Steam fan and you were curious about the Age of Steam Expansion: Secret Blueprints of Steam Plans 1 & 2 map. You can grab it for $1.99
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Benson
United States
Pleasanton
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
catelldm wrote:
What did people use the Palenque components to replace? I have a couple items in mind that I'd like to use the logs in place of, but not sure on all the discs.


I just ordered it to use them for upgrades to Roads & Boats chits. Could use them if you want to convert your 3rd or later edition of Age of Steam from the plastic trains to the discs.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jacobson

Omaha
Nebraska - NE
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rslancer wrote:
Anyone played dragonfire and can comment on the game?

After checking out some review videos, the gameplay doesn't seem super exciting. It sounds like you just take cards from your hand that match the required colors that represent enemy hp and slowly whittle it down. Do your cards/items/skills have interesting effects? Is there a sense of your characters being unique and developing interesting skills?

Finally it sounds like the game has lots of overhead rules (like mageknight) and can be overwhelming unless you play it frequently enough to keep it all in your head.


You are right. It’s really just matching colors unless you work really hard to tell a story. Was definitely not my cup of tea.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bet when they put up this sale, they didn't expect Palenque to be the game that sold out in this sale.

And yet here we are.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tails

Rochester
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
matlockheed wrote:
I bet when they put up this sale, they didn't expect Palenque to be the game that sold out in this sale.

And yet here we are.


For as often as Pandemic Iberia pops up I bet they're hoping it would be that one. I thought this was supposed to be a one time print run, but as often as it's on sale and still available I think they mis-judged the amount.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chicken Farmer
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
matlockheed wrote:
I bet when they put up this sale, they didn't expect Palenque to be the game that sold out in this sale.

And yet here we are.


At $2.99, maybe they are glad it's finally gone.

I bet they are loosing money on that one. Had to have cost them much more than $2.99 from the distributor.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Drake
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmb
Darn, really sad I missed Palenque.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aelfric Brewer
msg tools
mbmbmb
catelldm wrote:
matlockheed wrote:
I bet when they put up this sale, they didn't expect Palenque to be the game that sold out in this sale.

And yet here we are.


For as often as Pandemic Iberia pops up I bet they're hoping it would be that one. I thought this was supposed to be a one time print run, but as often as it's on sale and still available I think they mis-judged the amount.

The one time print run was huge, like 45k-50k copies.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel C
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is their website down? I tried going to it three times today and nothing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZeWildStar wrote:
Is their website down? I tried going to it three times today and nothing.


Currently is working for me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel C
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wwalker98 wrote:
ZeWildStar wrote:
Is their website down? I tried going to it three times today and nothing.


Currently is working for me.


Strange, none of my browsers can get to the site, not even my phone.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aelfric_brewer wrote:
catelldm wrote:
matlockheed wrote:
I bet when they put up this sale, they didn't expect Palenque to be the game that sold out in this sale.

And yet here we are.


For as often as Pandemic Iberia pops up I bet they're hoping it would be that one. I thought this was supposed to be a one time print run, but as often as it's on sale and still available I think they mis-judged the amount.

The one time print run was huge, like 45k-50k copies.


Once all the Pandemicians insta-grabbed their copy, overall market interest plummeted to zero, where it will remain for eternity.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tails

Rochester
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jmsmith2434 wrote:
aelfric_brewer wrote:
catelldm wrote:
matlockheed wrote:
I bet when they put up this sale, they didn't expect Palenque to be the game that sold out in this sale.

And yet here we are.


For as often as Pandemic Iberia pops up I bet they're hoping it would be that one. I thought this was supposed to be a one time print run, but as often as it's on sale and still available I think they mis-judged the amount.

The one time print run was huge, like 45k-50k copies.


Once all the Pandemicians insta-grabbed their copy, overall market interest plummeted to zero, where it will remain for eternity.


I always check the price when it shows up (once every few months at CSI), but I think I'm good unless it hits $25. It plays very different and is more full fledged than the expansions, but I just don't have enough interest in it at this price still.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
catelldm wrote:
jmsmith2434 wrote:
aelfric_brewer wrote:
catelldm wrote:
matlockheed wrote:
I bet when they put up this sale, they didn't expect Palenque to be the game that sold out in this sale.

And yet here we are.


For as often as Pandemic Iberia pops up I bet they're hoping it would be that one. I thought this was supposed to be a one time print run, but as often as it's on sale and still available I think they mis-judged the amount.

The one time print run was huge, like 45k-50k copies.


Once all the Pandemicians insta-grabbed their copy, overall market interest plummeted to zero, where it will remain for eternity.


I always check the price when it shows up (once every few months at CSI), but I think I'm good unless it hits $25. It plays very different and is more full fledged than the expansions, but I just don't have enough interest in it at this price still.


Good plan. It's been around $25 before and I'm sure it will be again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.