Subject: Rules are hard to grasp rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mattias B
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!

I got this game yesterday and sat down, eager to play. However I find the rules are quite hard to grasp. Are there any updated rules to download or does anyone have any tips on how to go about Learning the game?

Really want to learn this one as it looks super intersting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlon Kruis
Netherlands
Pijnacker
South Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sylvestris wrote:
Hi there!

I got this game yesterday and sat down, eager to play. However I find the rules are quite hard to grasp. Are there any updated rules to download or does anyone have any tips on how to go about Learning the game?

Really want to learn this one as it looks super interesting!

There is a "Playbook", but that was sold separately, that does help with understanding the game concept and some card effects. Not sure if you have that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked through the rulebook, and while it looks interesting, the walls and walls of text - especially through the first 13 pages or so - is a total drag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Cammisa
Italy
Monza
MB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
el_crosso wrote:
sylvestris wrote:
Hi there!

Really want to learn this one as it looks super interesting!

There is a "Playbook", but that was sold separately, that does help with understanding the game concept and some card effects. Not sure if you have that?

The Play Book can be downloaded for free. You can find it in the game page: https://sites.google.com/site/calvinuslab/democracy-under-si...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias B
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

I will have a look thru that, hope that helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are a little hard to grok. But it's worth it, and once you've played through one round it's pretty easy and flows well I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian van Someren
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend downloading the playbook and actually playing out the actions described within it. This is how I learned the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
patton55 wrote:
The rules are a little hard to grok. But it's worth it, and once you've played through one round it's pretty easy and flows well I think.

Agreed. Us three new players had a bit of hard time learning to play without having first read the rules, but then I was able to teach the game reasonably easily (and, I think, well) to two new players in a second game a few hours later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rohrer
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You did a good job of teaching it. Anyone who has played a CDG or Churchill should pick it up easily.

I read the rules later. There were a few things I did wrong in regards to Reserve cards:

1. Reserve cards can be played in the same turn they are placed in the Reserve
2. Reserve cards can be discarded during the next turn's discard hand phase.
3. Event cards cannot be placed in the Reserve

Also, when a die is re-rolled, Prestige goes down one.

I just got home, and found a copy of the game waiting for me. Will be setting it up tomorrow so I can get the rules down.

There is a Vassal module.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.