Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Sinelli
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Need help recognizing patterns on lead cards. I'm playing solo and it seems I just stare at the cards and cannot figure out how to solve anything. Not sure anyone can really provide help. I must have some spatial recognition problem! Any tips appreciated. In spite of this, really like the game. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Severinsson
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't found any patterns.
My impressions are that you can't really predict anything about the layout of other players' cards or of those in the deck. Even if I know a player has lots of hats, I can't act upon it in any meaningful way. There is no way of knowing (or even quesstimating) what symbol is needed or should be avoided in order to "connect" two cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend you check out the Strategy Guide here on BGG. It might give you some additional insight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Severinsson
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't the advice in the strategy guide to tell other players where you can or can't play a card on your turn violate the rule about not talking about the cards in your hand? You're implicitly talking about where you have (or don't have) specific symbols on your cards.
Is it allowed to say if you can play a card in the middle of a chain of symbols? That would imply exactly which symbols are on that card.

Strategy Guide wrote:
You should tell her if you cannot play to the chain right now. You can talk about being able to take care of the money. Or whatever. She may be able to adjust her action and keep you alive in the round. Or reverse that: maybe you can only play to a certain position. Let them know that too...

Rule book wrote:
You cannot discuss the exact cards you hold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.