Subject: Upgrade Pack. What is it about? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talking about the 10$ upgrade pack as shown in the Kickstarter, I see it mentions upgraded rules/player boards but also the 111 Card Deck.

What's the deal with the Deck? Does the pack add new/amended cards?

Thanks.

----
Clarification: I'm asking cause I would like to get the supposedly cheaper 1st edition (As I don't mind getting miniatures/new roles right from the start), but would not want to miss on any new content gameplay-wise, such as new cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The...
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
The upgrade pack replaces all of the cards from the original first printing with the revised set found in the second and later printings. The card stock is a little nicer (black core instead of the original white core) and a number of the cards have had their text updated slightly.

A new Dragon die is included that's made of plastic instead of the original wood, because some copies of the original die had the printing off center enough to cause problems or it was just plain missing.

Also included are updated player boards and the newer version of the rulebook which adds some extra clarifications and details.

There are no rule changes, and there is no "new" content in the upgrade pack.

----------------

All of the new stuff that affects gameplay is in Fearsome Foes and the Bonus Card pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.