Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Grant Kleinheinz sent me a list of questions on the upcoming Nights of Fire game, that I was only too happy to answer in great detail:

https://theplayersaid.com/2018/02/19/interview-with-brian-tr...

Coming to Kickstarter Real Soon Now!

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The game looks incredible - cannot wait !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

I think you will be very pleased.
The components are nicely designed and very well made!

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a much more complex game than Days, yet a streamlined experience compared to your typical wargame. Inasmuch as you can ascertain such a thing from an interview, it seems you've accomplished your goal of a Euro/wargame hybrid. Really excited to see this game in action!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if it's more complex, but it is certainly a very different style of play, from turn to turn, than Days of Ire.

It's definitely nowhere near as complicated and process-heavy as many "standard" wargames... working with David helped me to lean out a lot of that part of the game.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
Sounds like a much more complex game than Days, yet a streamlined experience compared to your typical wargame. Inasmuch as you can ascertain such a thing from an interview, it seems you've accomplished your goal of a Euro/wargame hybrid. Really excited to see this game in action!

It's more ... procedural than Days. There is certainly a higher barrier to jump, but once you jumped it it's not much more of a burden. All of Day's essential rules for the Hungarian side fits on the half of the A4 player aid. All of Night's do on a full page. But once you played one full round nothing will leave you scrambling for the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
mbmbmbmbmb

I have a different sort of question: will there be a Vassal module?

Failing that, are there any plans for an online implementation (a la Days)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.