Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Waymost
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you happened to stumble here by chance, this is a thread of a tournament exclusively for the Commissioners of the Star Realms League (Season 31), which is NOT an official part of the League itself.

Hello Commissioners, and welcome to the nineteenth Commissioners Tournament!

As always, please check in here and subscribe to this thread to be kept updated.

We have the potential for 14 participants this year. I'll quickly outline the structure for everyone as it works slightly differently from the standard league.

The initial part of the tournament will be a round robin where everybody will play everybody else in one-match rounds. We'll play as many rounds as we need to accomplish this (which is either N-1 rounds or N rounds depending on whether there's a bye player). As this is significantly more rounds than occur in a standard league division, play will be accelerated by posting and playing two rounds at a time.

New rounds will be posted when at least one of the below criteria has been met:
* all matches are complete
* two or fewer matches are remaining at three days or greater
* no player has more than once match remaining at four days or greater

At the conclusion of the round robin, the top 8 players will play in a single-elimination tournament where each round is best two-out-of-three matches. The winner of this will be declared the Commissioners Tournament Champion!

All other standard league rules apply including resolving preference differences and tiebreaker rules.

Once everybody checks in, we'll get the first two rounds rolling.

Any questions or comments, please let me know. Good luck!

HALL OF CHAMPIONS

Champion Runner-up
Season 13 kolok JormiBoced
Season 14 CCKinnison AgentSeto
Season 15 AgentSeto kolok
Season 16 GodURmyall SweetJustice
Season 17 SweetJustice FuzzyLogic
Season 18 karmakanik dbonzai
Season 19 FuzzyLogic Amaroid
Season 20 SweetJustice karmakanik
Season 21 Darklighter FuzzyLogic0
Season 22 Ominous karmakanik
Season 23 Ominous WestDaddyUtd
Season 24 karmakanik GodURmyall
Season 25 karmakanik AgentSeto
Season 26 AgentSeto Darklighter
Season 27 kolok Darklighter
Season 28 kolok karmakanik
Season 29 kolok karmakanik
Season 30 karmakanik ngd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Waymost
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't believe it when I typed it, but this is the 19th Commissioners nee DC Tournament!

That means that Season 32's tournament will be the twentieth iteration. As some of you may recall, we had a vote for the tenth tournament that resulted in completely random preferences for the playoffs.

I'm going to open the forum here for suggestions. What would you like to see for the twentieth anniversary of the tournament? Don't hold anything back. It can be as crazy as you guys want it to be so long as it's feasible to administer. Once we have some ideas, we can either agree to one or hold a vote for the top few.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mitzel
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another opportunity to lose to Patrick? Sign me up! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in with my league pref.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Gibbs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in with my league pref.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ean Teague
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In with W-BF2K

Also, my suggestion for XXXII is Commissioners Tournament Endurance Challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Barstow
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In, NP.

Crazy ideas for next seasons tourney? Hmm...

Best-of-SEVEN for each round of round robin!

Backwards preferences! We all choose our LEAST favorite and are FORCED to play it. Maybe 2-game series with one game in each player's hated format with the potential for ties.

Faction Battles: Players select a faction (or 2?) to play each round. Maybe for the entire season? They are only allowed to purchase those color(s) in their matches.

Teams: Pair players with each other (best record in DC tourney pairs with worst record or something) and battle against other teams.

Ultimate Crazy: just combine all the above options into one I-N-S-A-N-E tourney!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Hines
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'm in as well, and yes, with my league preference. Now it's a matter of pride to make you copy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Hines
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I believe it's time for your medication again, Cliff...

godurmyall wrote:
In, NP.

Crazy ideas for next seasons tourney? Hmm...

Backwards preferences! We all choose our LEAST favorite and are FORCED to play it. Maybe 2-game series with one game in each player's hated format with the potential for ties.

Faction Battles: Players select a faction (or 2?) to play each round. Maybe for the entire season? They are only allowed to purchase those color(s) in their matches.

Teams: Pair players with each other (best record in DC tourney pairs with worst record or something) and battle against other teams.

Ultimate Crazy: just combine all the above options into one I-N-S-A-N-E tourney!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Holbrook
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m in. W-1BEHFC2K(U?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nix G-D
msg tools
mb
Is there a policy for haitus-DCs competing? I would be happy to participate, but don't want to create a bye / slow the tournament down if I'm not earning my keep!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Barstow
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
n_gd wrote:
Is there a policy for haitus-DCs competing? I would be happy to participate, but don't want to create a bye / slow the tournament down if I'm not earning my keep!

ngd is in with one vote for Ultimate Crazy. check, got it. next?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
n_gd wrote:

We've had several instances of that. Enthusiasm should be rewarded, IMO. thumbsup

I for one hate BYEs - perhaps I shouldn't as that's a W there - but the more we are, the better the tourney is so that easily trumps the previous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy G
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IN and ready to be eliminated in the quarterfinals as usual (I guess it's happened 10 times by now).

VW-BHF2K pls

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Bollmann
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Iiiiiin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Myers
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in, W-BFK

i like random preferences for each match for next season's tourney.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Waymost
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
godurmyall wrote:

What do you think this is? The PGL? Oh wait, the PGL only has best-of-five matches. Though we could do a mini-PGL. Hmmm....

godurmyall wrote:

If we did this, the only person with a normal preference would be Alex.

godurmyall wrote:

So red and green only for everybody?

godurmyall wrote:

This could be interesting, depending on how we implemented it. 2v2 fully connected? 3v3 one game each, best of three?

godurmyall wrote:

Have fun running that tourney, Cliff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Waymost
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
n_gd wrote:

It would create a bye, but the more the merrier! All you have to do is play, and you'll be earning your keep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Waymost
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyDay wrote:
I’m in. W-1BEHFC2K(U?)

Is U dropping imminently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nix G-D
msg tools
mb
toaster83 wrote:
n_gd wrote:

It would create a bye, but the more the merrier! All you have to do is play, and you'll be earning your keep.

If no one objects I would be happy to play NP-NP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Unspecified
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm here!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biggs Larkdighter
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Waymost
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everybody!

I wanted to start this today, but I'm not going to have enough time to get it going. Plus, I believe we're still short a check-in, so that will give them another day to report in here.

We'll get this rolling tomorrow morning. Thanks for your patience!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Unspecified
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toaster83 wrote:
Hey everybody!

I wanted to start this today, but I'm not going to have enough time to get it going. Plus, I believe we're still short a check-in, so that will give them another day to report in here.

Tomorrow is today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Waymost
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ominous wrote:
toaster83 wrote:
Hey everybody!

Tomorrow is today!

What sorcery is that?!?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.