3 Posts

Stuffed Fables» Forums » General

Subject: My painted mongrels rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lap Tran
msg tools
mbmb

These were a pretty easy batch of enemies to paint. Cover in metallic paint, shade, and stipple in some approximation of rust. The cheap metallic steel paint from Target was not very cooperative though. I had to use many layers for it to provide coverage.

The fourth mongrel is painted as well; he just didn't make it into the shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Whiteley

Omaha
Nebraska
msg tools
Those are amazing! How did you add the rust? I guess I don't know what "stipple" means. I want to mimic this in my painting of Stuffed Fables. Again, great job, wow I love it!

Also, what colors did you use if you remember?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lap Tran
msg tools
mbmb
tomee638 wrote:
Those are amazing! How did you add the rust? I guess I don't know what "stipple" means. I want to mimic this in my painting of Stuffed Fables. Again, great job, wow I love it!

Also, what colors did you use if you remember?

Thanks!

I basically took a small cheap brush with really stiff bristles, got somenpaint on the bristles, then jabbed it on the mini. I started with reaper paints burning orange, then smaller area with fireball orange, then smaller still with rusty orange, waiting for each application to dry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.