Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My daughter has taken the strategy of hoarding XP tokens for the VPs at the end pf the game. There are 2 left in the aupply. Naturally, this brings up the question of whether these are meant to be a limited supply.

I feel like I saw something about this in the rules, but now I can’t find it. Also, it may have been about cards.

It doesn’t make thematic sense for XPs to be limited (though it does for the other ones), so we’re ruling that they’re not, but I wanted to see if there’s an official word on this (likely in the manual that soneone will point to with a modicum of snark?).

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: XP tokens limited?
Did you realise that there are 2 kinds of XP-token? Grey ones with value 1 and black ones with value 10?
Did she get em all??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wootton
Scotland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes we include two colours, so that they do not run out. I have never seen them run out at the 1/10 value level, I am not even sure if it is ever mathematically possible (I use them as 1/5 and do not usually run out), but even if it were, there is no reason not to just make the 10s worth 20 and swap them back into the supply.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Reese
msg tools
designer
mbmb
(which is to say there is no restriction on the number of XP in the game)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha!

I assumed the black tokens were mysterious ones that would come into play later in the Quest experience! Well, that makes the question moot.

And what about the other tokens, are those limited to what's available? I can't imagine that coming up much, but just in case...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Reese
msg tools
designer
mbmb
Bullwinkle wrote:
Aha!

I assumed the black tokens were mysterious ones that would come into play later in the Quest experience! Well, that makes the question moot.

And what about the other tokes, are those limited to what's available? I can't imagine that coming up much, but just in case...

No restriction there either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Svelix wrote:
Did you realise that there are 2 kinds of XP-token? Grey ones with value 1 and black ones with value 10?
Did she get em all??

Took me a bit to get that, until we ran out of the gray ones in our second game.

Like a dummy (or maybe this was common) I couldn't figure out what the black ones were for when I opened the box. I thought maybe they were "cursed" or something! blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Edison
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
devil Finally arghhhhh, I now know what those black tokens are for. thanks guyz! My idiot moment is now over....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.