Bryce Castor
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
mb

Presidents day 2848:
Two Presidential candidates will send their representatives to battle on platforms high above the capitol. The best general, as judged by the floating heads of Washington, Jefferson and Lincoln, will become the next Commander in Chief.

Hi! Adding my 2 player tactical game to the 2018 9-Card Nanogame PnP Design Contest.

Update 3/1/18: Version 2 done! Version 2 Cards and rules uploaded here.
Update 2/28/18:Version 2 very close. Added notes and pics.
Update 2/22/18: Cards and rules uploaded here. Added notes below.
Update 2/20/18: Uploaded rules here.

2 players
40 minutes

9 cards(double sided)
8 dice (4 red, 4 blue)
6 coins (US:2 pennies, 2 nickels, 2 dimes)
2 cubes (1 red, 1 blue)

Categories:
I would love to be considered for these categories
Best Overall Game
Best 2-player Game
Best Game with a Holiday Theme
Most Innovative Mechanic Category

Design Notes:

3/1/18: Shortened the score track, new Wrestler power a little more complex but interesting. Gave assassin a ranged attack instead of a passive ability for consistency. New components and rules uploaded.

2/28/18: Working on second iteration(new pics below) components and rules. Looking at terrain values on goal cards was creating some cross-reference fiddle and variable values wasn't compelling, so I made these static values on the platform cards. To accommodate the platform spaces got larger making the play area much tighter. To compensate walls were removed, and power of #6 die (the wrestler) is also changing. Hoping to have revised rules up in the next couple days.

2/22/18: Current uploaded files match my working copy. Judge card goals in older version were all active at the same time and causing high AP. Most recent change, adding activation numbers below busts, is a temporary fix and likely broke some goals. Fixing this is priority one.

New version pics:

Older version pics:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.