Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Boshell
United States
Haleyville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up the Multiverse box for DC Deckbuilder this weekend. Its great, organizes and holds everything even my play mats. Does anyone have any idea when/if Marvel Legendary will do the same. I know there are some third party solutions but would hold off and buy Legendarys own if its waiting in the wings are being discussed. Anyone know anything??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the Multiverse Box, and I love it.

The problem is, Marvel Legendary is huge, and getting bigger.

Greater Than Games spent half a year, and delayed their Kickstarter, finding the perfect box.

I don't think it's going to be possible at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Vitez
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel your pain. I just broke down and bought the Broken Token organizers for both base and Villains, as well as their horizontal card organizer. I'm able to store everything that's currently out with room to spare. Granted, it's three separate boxes/cases, but I'm happy with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
insightfulstrike wrote:
Greater Than Games spent half a year, and delayed their Kickstarter, finding the perfect box.

And they failed at that. The box will be functional, but it's far from perfect. It looks basically impossible to transport, so I'll probably be sticking with my existing storage solution.

I actually use the exact same storage solution for both Sentinels and Legendary... the boxes they come with, in a re-usable cloth grocery bag. Holds 4 of those boxes perfectly, which nicely fits all of Sentinels and the Cauldron. Legendary fits in a mere 3 of those boxes, but I still have a fourth in there just to take up space.

The DC multiverse box is a decent patch, but it would have been way better if they'd just done the two-lane box that both Sentinels and Legendary have instead of their crappy inserts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Douglas
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ever growing card count would prevent a practical single box solution. I like the Legendary Villain box because of the number of cards it holds plus a roll up play mat. My wish is for a box similar to the Villain box with maybe three rows either horizontal or vertical. And for a plus they could add 3D cards, the missing Epic Masterminds, new starter/Maria Hill cards or some other add on to increase sales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There will never be a Legendary box to hold all the cards, there's just too many. You'll have to figure out your own solution.

Frankly, I wouldn't want one box to hold everything, it would just be too large. This might have been viable several sets ago, but not now.

I just got my copy of Thunderstone Quest, and to me that box is just too big as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of TQ is supposed to arrive today, I'm excited for it. IIRC, I watched an unboxing video and I was quite impressed with the design of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
insightfulstrike wrote:

And they failed at that. The box will be functional, but it's far from perfect. It looks basically impossible to transport, so I'll probably be sticking with my existing storage solution.

I grabbed everything from the OblivAeon Kickstarter, except for the big box. It seems ridiculous. I get that if you want to carry around your whole set, you need to have multiple boxes, but that thing is just ridiculous, and frankly, I'm not sure about how long it will last considering the weight you would put it it. Only problem for me, is that with OblivAeon, I'll finally end up with SotM in 4 boxes, and right now it lives in 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
My copy of TQ is supposed to arrive today, I'm excited for it. IIRC, I watched an unboxing video and I was quite impressed with the design of the box.

It's huge. Not that bad of a design, I like that it's got a tray on top to hold a lot of things that has handles to pull it out.

It's extra big to hold a lot of sleeved cards, or maybe future expansions. My biggest complaint with it, since it does have the cards on the bottom, they're a bit hard to access since they are so deep. That means to go through the cards easily, you have to pull out whatever 1 of 4 rows that they are sitting in the box.

That, and it won't fit on my current shelves. I had a blast with Thunderstone Advance, and we've played 5 games of Thunderstone Quest and are enjoying it very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
insightfulstrike wrote:
I own the Multiverse Box, and I love it.

The problem is, Marvel Legendary is huge, and getting bigger.

I don't think it's going to be possible at this point.

I like the approach of the DC Multiverse Box, and it's about the cost of one small box expansion for Legendary. If people have a collection bigger than one box, they can just buy two.

It would be similar to the Villains box idea, but have an intended Legendary box that size and you could buy multiples.

They should also sell the playmat separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:
There will never be a Legendary box to hold all the cards, there's just too many. You'll have to figure out your own solution.

Frankly, I wouldn't want one box to hold everything, it would just be too large. This might have been viable several sets ago, but not now.

Right. I'm with you. Been saying the same thing for a long time.

That said, it doesn't mean Upper Deck shouldn't release something like the DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Multiverse Box or the Smash Up: The Big Geeky Box, even if said box won't hold everything that exists or will exist for Marvel Legendary. Not every Legendary player owns every expansion. And someone who does could always purchase multiple boxes.

The main problem is that Upper Deck hasn't shown the attention to detail to do this right (e.g., just look at the dividers situation), so I'm not holding my breath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
jhochges wrote:

That said, it doesn't mean Upper Deck shouldn't release something like the DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Multiverse Box or the Smash Up: The Big Geeky Box, even if said box won't hold everything that exists or will exist for Marvel Legendary. Not every Legendary player owns every expansion. And someone who does could always purchase multiple boxes.

The main problem is the Upper Deck hasn't shown the attention to detail to do this right (e.g., just look at the dividers situation), so I'm not holding my breath.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the DC Multiverse Box and the Smash Up: The Big Geeky Box both have additional materials beyond the box that you end up paying for? I don't know if the additional costs because of these is nominal or significant though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something like the Multiverse Box would be completely superfluous for Legendary. Legendary's big-box expansions (Dark City, et.al.) are basically the same thing, except you already own them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all my Legendary in a bit box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
I have all my Legendary in a bit box.

I can't find bitbox online, only through their kickstarter.

Where do I buy this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It used to be bitboxgamestorage.com, however it doesn't look like that's an active domain anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:
DarthEd wrote:
jhochges wrote:

The main problem is the Upper Deck hasn't shown the attention to detail to do this right (e.g., just look at the dividers situation), so I'm not holding my breath.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the DC Multiverse Box and the Smash Up: The Big Geeky Box both have additional materials beyond the box that you end up paying for? I don't know if the additional costs because of these is nominal or significant though.

They come with nice labeled dividers and some promo-like cards, sure, but I've seen the Smash Up: The Big Geeky Box on sale for $13-20 multiple times. At those prices, I don't consider the additional costs for those things to be significant enough that I would be concerned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Allica
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Base + Villains + every expansion (up to Champions) all sleeved. I keep them in the base box, the villains box (which is seriously great), and two big boxes. Plenty of room to expand and they are very sturdy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Coley
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will say, sentinels of the multiverse definitely overdesigned their big box which I think is part of their problems. That said, I think a solution like the smash up big geeky box wouldn’t hurt at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreatWhiteColey wrote:
I will say, sentinels of the multiverse definitely overdesigned their big box which I think is part of their problems. That said, I think a solution like the smash up big geeky box wouldn’t hurt at all.

It'd be massive, something like 2-3 bigger geekier boxes together.

You'd also need to include dividers for everything released.

They could go somethings like the udw or bcw good vs evil box. They are expensive, but quite nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Ward
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
legomojo wrote:
Plenty of room to expand and they are very sturdy.

But heavy as sin. I moved my stuff out of the Villains box because carrying it around when full was a pain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Newton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Upper Deck has been working on a big box for a while, but hasn't said when they are planning to release it.

Personally, I am curious to see how the Star Realms big box will work. They redesigned it several times since the Kickstarter (and caused delays because of it). I know that Star Realms has less cards out than Legendary and that it is not growing as fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murrell Sippy
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darkplanedm wrote:
legomojo wrote:
Plenty of room to expand and they are very sturdy.

But heavy as sin. I moved my stuff out of the Villains box because carrying it around when full was a pain.

Unfortunately, that weight is never gonna get reduced as most of it comes from the cards not the box/playmat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Stockton
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use two Legendary Marvel core boxes with Go7 inserts in each and it holds everything pretty well but those two boxes are heavy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.