Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. On comes Leven at Berwick, full of p*** and vinegar (and Glenmorangie). But Newcastle is waiting for him at Corbridge, intercepts successfully and wins the battle. Since Leven was the attacker, he has to retreat the way he came in, which means, I think, over the edge of the world back into Scotland. And I think that means he doesn't ever come back.

???

2. Sir John Meldrum at Newark.

a. There was a 'living FAQ' amendment (it's in my own handwriting in my rulebook) indicating that you can use this card to bombard a LN even with no Godly general there. So, to make something of this you would have to roll a 6, -2 DRM = 4, to destroy the LN. Or could the LN remain with a bombardment counter on it until a Godly general turns up and continues the bombardment?

b. When the card says 'free' bombardment, and assuming a general is in place to do the bombarding, does this mean he can use the card even if he has fewer brigades than are in the LN box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb

Look at the Rulebook description of the 'Solemn League and Covenant' card in 6.5. That covers the rules for the Scots.

" If Leven fights a Battle and loses or draws, his Activation is over as normal and he is kept off the map. He may attempt entry again on a later Activation in the same way."

Not sure where the Meldrum RAQ reference is stated.

Free Bombardment gives a free activation to Bombard, it does not bypass the normal rules unless it says so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

oi_you_nutter wrote:

Look at the Rulebook description of the 'Solemn League and Covenant' card in 6.5. That covers the rules for the Scots.

" If Leven fights a Battle and loses or draws, his Activation is over as normal and he is kept off the map. He may attempt entry again on a later Activation in the same way."

Missed that last sentence. Thanks.

oi_you_nutter wrote:

Not sure where the Meldrum RAQ reference is stated.

It must have come out, possibly from Lord Charles, some time ago. I copied the clarifications into my rule book. The 'Sir John Meldrum at Newark' para now reads "This card may be played against a Royalist Local Notable even though no Besieging Army is in place."

oi_you_nutter wrote:
Free Bombardment gives a free activation to Bombard, it does not bypass the normal rules unless it says so.

So the card saves you from using an ops card for bombardment, fine. And I guess you still need the right number of brigades. But the 'no besieging army in place' still creates a question as I posed in para 2a of the OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.