Constantijn Roubos
msg tools
Hi!

I just bought the base game and was reading the rules and i read this part about decision making:

Quote:
How the decision-making is approached is largely up to the play group. New players or players looking for a easier experience are free to steer the monsters toward choices that favor the heroes. Players looking for a true test of skill should steer the monsters toward the tactical maneuvers that a skilled overlord would employ.

I have played the game in the past (with an actual overlord) and was wondering how you guys and girls play the game.Do you play as if the app really is an all-powerful overlord? Or take it easy? Or perhaps take the hard path but when it gets really dire take the easy route? I find this intriguing because the human overlord really made life tough. How does the app feel in that matter? Does it really matter at all that the heroes make some decisions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you mean to post this in the forum for Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Road to Legend? You've posted in the First Edition forum, a game that doesn't have an app at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantijn Roubos
msg tools
Yes that was my intention

I will repost it there and then this can be removed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Costa87 wrote:
Yes that was my intention

I will repost it there and then this can be removed

I moved the thread to Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Road to Legend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slamin Perfect
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Costa87 wrote:
Hi!

I just bought the base game and was reading the rules and i read this part about decision making:

Quote:
How the decision-making is approached is largely up to the play group. New players or players looking for a easier experience are free to steer the monsters toward choices that favor the heroes. Players looking for a true test of skill should steer the monsters toward the tactical maneuvers that a skilled overlord would employ.

I have played the game in the past (with an actual overlord) and was wondering how you guys and girls play the game.Do you play as if the app really is an all-powerful overlord? Or take it easy? Or perhaps take the hard path but when it gets really dire take the easy route? I find this intriguing because the human overlord really made life tough. How does the app feel in that matter? Does it really matter at all that the heroes make some decisions?

When given a decision we make the choice that a competent overlord would make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.