Subject: My summon once room is cleared? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Gabrielli
United States
Long Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens to my summon once the party clears a room and moves on to the next room? In my case the summon and I where on one side of a room when the party cleared the room and opened the next door over on their side.

Seems strange that it would just sit there because it had no focus?

THX!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It just sits there...which is why you can't just flippantly play a summon if you want it to really help you in more than one room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugues
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
I guess if 'forces' you to put the card in the discard pile, to later refresh it and summon it once again at a later turn, in better circumstances...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tibbles von tibbleton
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Summons are all loss cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sgabrie854 wrote:

Once the door was opened, revealing monsters in another room, it would likely gain focus and start moving toward that other room
(focus does not require line of sight)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gabrielli
United States
Long Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
sgabrie854 wrote:

Once the door was opened, revealing monsters in another room, it would likely gain focus and start moving toward that other room
(focus does not require line of sight)

Great point thanks.Somehow I missed the whole focus / LOS thing in the rules, we were playing if the monster had no LOS it didnt move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T N
Germany
flag msg tools
We houseruled that one ...

Once a summon has no focus it just takes its master as focus and moves towards him as if he wants to perform a melee attack.

We are not very far into the campaign and it might turn out as too strong, especially if there is a summon based hero. But as of right now, our group only uses the summon of the spellweaver consistently and with the houserule it does not fall behind as hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kijubei wrote:
We houseruled that one ...

Once a summon has no focus it just takes its master as focus and moves towards him as if he wants to perform a melee attack.

We are not very far into the campaign and it might turn out as too strong, especially if there is a summon based hero. But as of right now, our group only uses the summon of the spellweaver consistently and with the houserule it does not fall behind as hard.

That would make for an interesting house rule if it actually DID attack its master if there was no monster that it could focus on.
(I know that isn't what you were saying, I just think it would make for an interesting twist devil)

Without an enemy to focus on, the magical energy turns against you...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Marney
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
With the starting characters, having summons follow the caster around is fine, but you may want to reconsider once you open a class that relies more heavily on summon cards. Tanky summons with Shield, for instance, get a lot stronger when you can make sure they're the second ones through the door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.