Subject: Where is everybody? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Gustavel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
What's going on? traffic here has been way down for weeks now and nothing today (except a "looking for players" thread down at the bottom.

Where is everyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Still painting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
..or gluing...

(the Facebook page sees a lot of traffic)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Gustavel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
jokeroz wrote:

More than here at least. But facebook kinda sucks for keeping things organized and easy to find. It's kinda a stream of consciousness type of discussion, while a forum is more focused and easily digestible.

Plus, there WAS a lot more traffic here. It is just in the past few weeks that it seems to have all dried up. That's more what I was asking about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably will pick up once the next expansion comes out. I'm quietly working on painting so I can start a new set of adventures. I was very active when I was working on organizing the cards, tokens, and tiles. Now the focus back to minis has given me less to talk about.

And the game has been out quite a while so without new content to discuss, people are more focused on other, newer games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
And a lot of people still have only the base games...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. T.
Germany
Ahnatal
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of my stuff is finished right now, so i only post updates in my painting thread or if i have somthing to contribute in other threads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Llewellyn
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still gluing, filling, painting.....still in shock of the amount delivered in Wave 2 after only receiving the base games.surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bonneau
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Waiting for Forbidden Fortress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Meyberg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... sorry. To be honest: I'm off to Gloomhaven ;-)

I loved (and still love) SoB a lot, but with our 5 person party, gaming sessions have become pretty scarce, while our 3 person Gloomhaven party meets every now and then. Plus we manage 1-2 scenarios per evening, compared to not-exactly-a-whole scenario with SoB.
On the other hand, we tend to act in character, play in costume, have even more awesome events, ... when playing SoB, so it's a matter of opportuinity whether we play this or that. Currently, Gloomhaven makes the race, but better days are coming (our campaign needs ~15 sessions and it's over, so I'll be most probably back to Brimstone around summer!)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bonneau
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
meyberg wrote:
... sorry. To be honest: I'm off to Gloomhaven ;-)

I loved (and still love) SoB a lot, but with our 5 person party, gaming sessions have become pretty scarce, while our 3 person Gloomhaven party meets every now and then. Plus we manage 1-2 scenarios per evening, compared to not-exactly-a-whole scenario with SoB.
On the other hand, we tend to act in character, play in costume, have even more awesome events, ... when playing SoB, so it's a matter of opportuinity whether we play this or that. Currently, Gloomhaven makes the race, but better days are coming (our campaign needs ~15 sessions and it's over, so I'll be most probably back to Brimstone around summer!)...

TBH that's what happened to us too. Until my buddy brought out KDM. Now it's all we play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those that received their Minecarts, I sure would like to see short reviews of the expansions. Strengths, weaknesses and how they change the game and if they are worth it our not.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ScottL
United States
Weare
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DistantOasis wrote:
jokeroz wrote:

More than here at least. But facebook kinda sucks for keeping things organized and easy to find. It's kinda a stream of consciousness type of discussion, while a forum is more focused and easily digestible.

Plus, there WAS a lot more traffic here. It is just in the past few weeks that it seems to have all dried up. That's more what I was asking about.

+ to that! I just don't see the appeal of FB at all. As you say it's a random stream of consciousness. At least here, we can go to the rules section for rules discussions, variants for homebrew stuff etc. Everything in it's own discussion bucket.

What I don't love about "here" is the fact that there are separate boards for City of Ancients, Swamps of Death and each expansion, but there doesn't seem to be a general centralized Shadows of Brimstone board (which is what this CoA board has turned into, since it's the only one that (in the past) has gotten much traffic)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to work for 2 months straight. I'm still finishing up the Huckster balance changes ><

- Jee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Meyberg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inspector Jee wrote:
I had to work for 2 months straight. I'm still finishing up the Huckster balance changes ><

- Jee

+++ Brimstone calling +++ quickest connection train from Gloomhaven needed +++ found poker deck +++ may I bring a Soothsinger along?! +++

These are indeed great news! Thank you, Jee!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Keetlaer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mb
DistantOasis wrote:
What's going on? traffic here has been way down for weeks now and nothing today (except a "looking for players" thread down at the bottom.

Where is everyone?

Okay, okay, I'll try to type up some things that are still in my pipeline...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wyant
United States
Spindale
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have games every weekend in Spindale NC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eharding wrote:
For those that received their Minecarts, I sure would like to see short reviews of the expansions. Strengths, weaknesses and how they change the game and if they are worth it our not.

Thanks!

You did see my past overview and opinions on Mission Packs, right?
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1874203/my-brief-review-mis...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Adam. No I didn't, but I'm reading it now.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam, that was an excellent article. Did you happen to write something similar in regards to the Other World expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eharding wrote:
Adam, that was an excellent article. Did you happen to write something similar in regards to the Other World expansions?

Thank you! And yes, I did write a review for the best Other World:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1678245/forget-cynder-w...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has lost me, especially the company itself.

Their behaviour and "care" for their community ruined the games for me. 5 years later. I still wait for my pledge...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drumm
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You should have gotten in on the robotech kickstarter if you want to see handled badly. All kickstarter products take forever to be delivered. That's the price you pay for getting a pretty good discount and some freebies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kernunrex of America
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
WOW BOB WOW
badge
Harry, I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing Gloomhaven. Both of my groups abandoned SoB long ago due to hand cramps from all of the dice rolling.

The half-decade wait for all of my Kickstarter stuff didn't help, either. Glad others are still into it, as it looks like I'll end up making a profit on ebay after all this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
solod

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
kernunrex wrote:
Playing Gloomhaven. Both of my groups abandoned SoB long ago due to hand cramps from all of the dice rolling.

The half-decade wait for all of my Kickstarter stuff didn't help, either. Glad others are still into it, as it looks like I'll end up making a profit on ebay after all this time.

And some of us moved from Gloomhaven to SOB due to wanting a true dungeon crawler. While my interest has ebbed and flowed with this game, I still truly love it and play regularly which is very rare for me. There's just something special and unique about this game IMO.

I was not a kickstarter backer so don't have that chip on my shoulder that many do (I get it). I do love FFGs commitment to this game (so much stuff has been released and they continue to only make it better). It does suck that it took forever but dear god man...you have so much stuff for so little investment. I always am jealous of you original backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.