Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Ragonnet
France
Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

What if a shambling zombie goes to a square with fire and I don't have any more flaming zombie, they're all on the board yet ?

The problem is that yesterday during a game, some players told that if the zombie can't turn into flaming one, he takes a hit entering fire (and so is neutralized)

With this point of view, Nemesis player is blocked as soon as there are no more minis available ?

That sounds weird, no ? What do you think ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with replacing one of your flaming zombies with a fire token, and using that mini. If you're not willing to do that, just kill the shambler.
Or you could use a wound token to show that the shambler is on fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaffophone wrote:
The problem is that yesterday during a game, some players told that if the zombie can't turn into flaming one, he takes a hit entering fire (and so is neutralized)

That sounds like a double whammy for the Nemesis player. I would say fairer would be that the zombie just doesn't catch fire (because no minis are left), and so remains on the board as a regular zombie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Ragonnet
France
Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stu Holttum wrote:
Gaffophone wrote:

That sounds like a double whammy for the Nemesis player. I would say fairer would be that the zombie just doesn't catch fire (because no minis are left), and so remains on the board as a regular zombie.

That is what was finally decided

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mark
Singapore
flag msg tools
Gaffophone wrote:
Hello,

What if a shambling zombie goes to a square with fire and I don't have any more flaming zombie, they're all on the board yet ?

With this point of view, Nemesis player is blocked as soon as there are no more minis available ?

That sounds weird, no ? What do you think ?

FAQ ver 1.1 page 2 & page 4.

Q: Can the Nemesis spawn more Minions than they began with in the Chapter?

A: Yes, the Nemesis is only limited by the number of Minion models they possess (Also based on maximum provided by the game. Sorry to those who bought 10 copies to spawn 100 Shambling Zombies)

In conclusion. Your Shambling Zombie turns to ashes. You don't get to make extra Flaming Zombies by using fire tokens. Neither do your Shambling Zombies miraculously get the Fire Immunity ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricktor Black
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little concerned here... what exactly is a flaming zombie in this game? I saw the rule and I looked through all the cards... I couldn't find a card for flaming zombies. What is the difference between a flaming zombie and a normal zombie? I'm a bit concerned that I'm missing a "villain dashboard" for a flaming zombie. I have the models but I don't think I have a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ricktor_Black wrote:
I'm a little concerned here... what exactly is a flaming zombie in this game? I saw the rule and I looked through all the cards... I couldn't find a card for flaming zombies. What is the difference between a flaming zombie and a normal zombie? I'm a bit concerned that I'm missing a "villain dashboard" for a flaming zombie. I have the models but I don't think I have a card.

Flaming Zombies are one of the few Minion cards that have only a symbol on the back, not a second configuration.

Check all of your cards closely to make sure there aren't two sticking together. (Pay special attention to any that show a symbol and not a Minion or Agent profile.) Others have missed cards because they were stuck together this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JDarlington wrote:
Ricktor_Black wrote:

Flaming Zombies are one of the few Minion cards that have only a symbol on the back, not a second configuration.

Check all of your cards closely to make sure there aren't two sticking together. (Pay special attention to any that show a symbol and not a Minion or Agent profile.) Others have missed cards because they were stuck together this way.

I thought they have the Dismembered Zombie on the back? Or is that the Royal Guard Zombie?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
I thought they have the Dismembered Zombie on the back? Or is that the Royal Guard Zombie?

Yeah, that's the Royal Guard Zombie. I was looking at my Flaming Zombie card when I posted that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JDarlington wrote:
swirlsaepi wrote:

Yeah, that's the Royal Guard Zombie. I was looking at my Flaming Zombie card when I posted that.

Gotcha. I was going by memory since I'm at work. I remembered one of the zombie dashboards only had one side, but didn't know which one it was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricktor Black
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JDarlington wrote:
Ricktor_Black wrote:

Cool, thanks. I will check that out, I must have missed it somehow (I hope).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricktor Black
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope... I looked and looked again. I don't have a villain dashboard with a flaming zombie on it. I counted the dashboards I have and I only have 13. The manual says I should have 14. I guess I'll contact CMON and see if I can get one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, okay, sorry to hear it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.