Rob Foyster
msg tools

Firstly, regular browser, sparse poster although I am hoping to change that!

I have been working on the following for about 6 months. It has gone through some minor playtesting and alot of tweaks to get it where it currently stands. It is a long way off being finished but the goal is Kickstarter Fall 2018, Early 2019.

I have toyed with the pros and cons of pitching or kickstarter and feel this suits me the best. I have a history of runnning a completely unrelated company with success and hope I can replicate that IF this was to ever take off.

Premise: The year is 2055 and the era of Virtual Reality gaming is in full swing. The big game consoles are long gone and a relatively newly formed company "Battle-Boards" is dominating the market offering players the opportunity to make their dreams come true by fully immersing into a VR environment where anything can happen without any danger to those wearing the gear. Their latest encarnation is a 3 on 3 deathmatch style battle zone set within a castle

The game itself is very much based on a large scale board representing a castle setting. As this is based on the theme above there is a shop/craft area encorporated within the board which can be used to create weapons based on the components collected from randomly generated chests that appear.

These chests whilst limited in number can provide the player with weapons, health, shields, VPs, Level-Up tokens and more.

The idea being over a set amount of turns (hours) to accumulate the most amount of VPs. These can be achieved by various means (Killing another character, collecting items, utilising the craft area, mini-games and more)

There are 10 factions to choose from at the beginning of the game and each player will have the choice of 2 (2-5 Player Game). Each faction will have a Leader, Apprentice and Minion with differing health/abilities within the game. The leader can be levelled up by locating level-up cards within chests.

The above is just a basic premise and has been playtested alot in order to try and get numbers correct.

Art design is going to be via a couple of local friends initially and of a cartoon nature. They are very skilled at cartoon drawing and enables me to keep the costs down to zero with fees settled should it take off.

Any feedback based on the above would be great and of course happy to answer any questions anyone may have Im sure I have missed plenty above!

Wish me luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Foyster
msg tools
A few designs for you to have a look at if interested. The art work is currently taken from Google as the art design is in progress but a similar looking design is what I am working towards. The card design is self created. Simplistic yet effective

We have a dual component card which can be used for either Iron or Wood (These are picked up from chests)
A Health Card (These are also found in chests)
A Faction Card (1 of 10 factions you can start with at beginning of the game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Foyster
msg tools
Sample of 1 of the 39 Weapon Cards. Some feedback on the design would be much appreciated. Lots of detail on the card so trying to keep the design simplistic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Foyster
msg tools
So this is going through some extensive play testing at the minute! Looking forward to sharing more pics and footage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.