3 Posts

Human Interface: Be a Better Human» Forums » General

Subject: Mixing metal & PVC: Problem or not? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Cook
msg tools
mbmb
I have been debating with myself about how approach my order in the pledge manager. I kinda hate the idea of having metal and PVS miniatures share the same space but the cost factor is problematic. At this moment I'm of the mind that I have to let go of my pseudo-OCD issues and save myself the extra money but I'm wondering if anyone has input on the topic? Specifically I'm concerned about the following:

- Is the quality of PVC likely to match the metal pretty closely or will I see a significant drop in detail from the metal to the PVC?
- Is durability going to be a problem for one material substantially more than the other?
- If I read the campaign page correctly it seems that if I want to go all metal then I'm going to end up with a pretty large amount of duplication because even the Cyberpsycho edition comes standard with PVC pieces for many of the NPCs...am I just reading this incorrectly?

I'm open to any other thoughts as well but if anyone has useful information about those three points I'd love to hear it. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B H
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
My thoughts I hate their pledge manager....so confusing no idea what I need/want. Even with the excel pledge guide thing I’ve just been so confused. I don’t see how I get around mixing no matter what because the $ add up quick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cook
msg tools
mbmb
I don't know if its the pledge manager itself or the lack of information they chose to include on some of the add-ons. I found myself going back and forth in the updates and the campaign page trying to figure out what each of the add-ons actually brought to the game.

I can say that it was helpful to see what packages each figure came in by opening each add-on to the quick description. What I ended up doing was going in on Hybrid and then just enlarging each add-on one by one to see if it was already included or if I needed to add it.

All in I think I'm on the hook for 373 GBP with my current selections, though I'll probably back that down a little further in the coming weeks...just hard to justify spending over $500 USD on a game I've never played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.