5 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Avoiding damage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kyle s
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a character with no cards in discard pile and exactly two cards in hand at the start of the round. I lay the two cards down but my initiative is a large number. A low initiative monster attacks me and does enough damage to take my health to zero. Can I discard one of the two cards that are laying face down in front of me that I just haven’t gotten the chance to play yet? Or are those cards in some weird ‘not yet played but unavailable for use’ window therefore I’m exhausted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are exhausted. If you could use one of those cards, then your turn would retroactively have started with only a single card, marking you as exhausted before the turn started.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
zig2517 wrote:
I have a character with no cards in discard pile and exactly two cards in hand at the start of the round. I lay the two cards down but my initiative is a large number. A low initiative monster attacks me and does enough damage to take my health to zero. Can I discard one of the two cards that are laying face down in front of me that I just haven’t gotten the chance to play yet? Or are those cards in some weird ‘not yet played but unavailable for use’ window therefore I’m exhausted?

This is the answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kyle s
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for quick response. Now that I’m exhausted, it’s time for a nap!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Herman
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To negate damage you have to choose either one card from your hand or two cards from your discard pile and lose it/them. Since the cards you played are not in your hand anymore and not yet in your discard pile, you can't use them to negate damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.