Chris Yi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ever felt judged for pronouncing a weird game name wrong? We all do it. Inevitably, we'll say some strange word wrong. We promise not to judge you. Also, we review Castles of Caladale by Renegade Game Studios, designed by David Wilkinson. It's a tile-laying game of building fantastical castles, but unlike any other game, you can rearrange your tiles at any point. Is it solid? Check out our thoughts!

http://shoutengine.com/MeepleOverboard/mispronouncing-game-n...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prince Adam The Coward
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
How does this work?
badge
Ah, now I see!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like your puns
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrienne Dong
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious, I think Azul 'takes place' in Portugal, do they pronounce it differently than in Spain?

Always enjoy the puns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Yi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobondi wrote:
I like your puns

Woohoo! First pun compliment from Reykjavic we've gotten. I can cross that one off my bucket list now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Yi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adrienned1 wrote:
I'm curious, I think Azul 'takes place' in Portugal, do they pronounce it differently than in Spain?

Always enjoy the puns.

That's a good point, the game Azul does take place in Portugal. It is directly inspired by the azulejos in Spain, so that's the pronunciation I was thinking of. However, in Portugal they would pronounce it with the Z sound. Caught me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.