Web of Spies» Forums » Rules

Subject: American CIA, Egyptian GID , etc. Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
william braun
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
For the above mentioned cards (and others like them for the remaining regions of the board), does the attacker need to be in a space (in that region) with another agent to make an attack using these cards, or can the attacker use these cards more like they are calling in an attack against an opposing agent from a different location? For example, player A is in South America. Player B is in North America. Player A plays the America CIA card on his turn, targeting Player B's pawn that is in North America. Player A is not in the same space as Player B. Player B cannot block this attack.

I've always played these cards in the latter method, but a new player that I introduced the game to was questioning this action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Paltrineri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played that you don't need to be in the region. Not sure if that's right, but it makes sense to me, based on the text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Wallace
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played it like a normal attack: you have to be in the same city as the target, and that city has to be in that particular region for the attack to be unblockable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Kendall
msg tools
mbmbmb
This is how I've played too where you must be in the same location.

sharkker wrote:
I've always played it like a normal attack: you have to be in the same city as the target, and that city has to be in that particular region for the attack to be unblockable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.