Subject: Shipping for the Kickstarter (NOT a price rant) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Spartz
United States
Golden valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I couldn’t find anywhere on the Kickstarter page who AEG is planning on using for fulfillment. I was very unhappy to see my Thunderstone Quest notification come from Shipnaked since they sent my Hardback in an envelope whiched caused some crushing damage and AEG specifically put a “not responsible for minor damage” blurb in the shipping section for the Edge of Darkness KS page.

The only comment I could find was something to the effect of “we’re doing our best to keep shipping as cheap as possible” and there is a LOT of complaining about shipping costs on their comments, so if Shipnaked’s draw is price I am not hopeful on this one.

They’ve also barred $1 pledges so I can’t do that just to access to the comments, so that is why I’m here asking. -They aren’t banning, rather they are going to cancel all pledges at the end that don’t qualify for a pledge tier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben de Kemp
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sparticuse wrote:

They’ve also barred $1 pledges so I can’t do that just to access to the comments, so that is why I’m here asking.

Make a normal pledge, comment, and then cancel your pledge with days to go if things don't look good for you. I suspect many people are doing just that (and probably inflating the KS numbers by a certain amount).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Odd, as I had a $1 pledge until a little while ago. When did they bar it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson
United States
Athens
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just dropped my pledge down to $1, so you should be able to make a $1 pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah - just because there is not a named pledge level for $1 doesn't mean you can't pledge just $1 and not select a reward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Spartz
United States
Golden valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I found the clarification: they aren't disallowing $1 pledges. They are going to cancel all pledges under $60 at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sparticuse wrote:
I found the clarification: they aren't disallowing $1 pledges. They are going to cancel all pledges under $60 at the end.

Really, sounds like a strange thing to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Spartz
United States
Golden valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Since I can pledge at $1 and my thunderstone ous due tomorrow I'll probably just wait to see the condition it arrives in. Shipnaked may not be terrible when a pledge is for $100+ opposed to the lower size and price that hardback had.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Ship Naked
I don't care for Ship Naked after reading the horror stories, but...

* I have never personally been hurt by SN's penny pinching
* For KSes with only one or 2 pledge levels, which EoD is, I have not heard of SN screwing things up
* SN screws up (nearly a guarantee if you believe everything you read) when there are lots of options/add-ons

So, all things considered, I won't be happy if SN is used for EoD, but EoD is my #1 anticipated game. I think the simplicity of only 2 pledge levels will make it OK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General to Crowdfunding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Hassgård
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmb
It looks like they might be looking for cheaper shipping options in EU at least, after all the complaints. Dunno why there are so many complaints thou since it's still cheaper than any CMON campaigns shipping (including Xenoshyft which was only cards & a board). Althou ppl do complain a lot about shipping in every CMON campaign as well lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Cranor
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindel wrote:
Sparticuse wrote:

Considering they are an established company (not an indie who might need a dollar here and there just to make a go of it) it seems reasonable to me. They're saying they aren't accepting donations for which there is no reward--probably just to protect from anyone accidentally throwing money away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Zinser
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
I spent a lot of time at our factory and then with Ship Naked to make sure that Thunderstone Quest was packaged with utmost care and safety. Two boxes and special inserts to protect the corners.

I like my games to be in shelf quality shape and we spend the extra time and money to make sure they are packaged well. Edge will also be a big heavy game and we will do the same for it.

Ship costs are estimates and we are working hard to keep those costs down.

Thanks

John Zinser
AEG

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Skemp
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JZinser wrote:
I spent a lot of time at our factory and then with Ship Naked to make sure that Thunderstone Quest was packaged with utmost care and safety. Two boxes and special inserts to protect the corners.

I like my games to be in shelf quality shape and we spend the extra time and money to make sure they are packaged well. Edge will also be a big heavy game and we will do the same for it.

Ship costs are estimates and we are working hard to keep those costs down.

Thanks

John Zinser
AEG

meeple

Having received mine yesterday I can attest to the excellent boxing job. Only downside was FedEx Home Delivery was used for actual delivery, which meant it sat at one of their locations Saturday through Monday,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Karrde
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pinbot wrote:
Rindel wrote:
Sparticuse wrote:

Considering they are an established company (not an indie who might need a dollar here and there just to make a go of it) it seems reasonable to me. They're saying they aren't accepting donations for which there is no reward--probably just to protect from anyone accidentally throwing money away.

Personally, I often like to pledge $1 to a project I'm interested in even if I don't back for a full copy. I like to follow along with the updates of the production and changes so when it does come out to retail I can revisit my decision to buy or not.

And sure I can subscribe to their newsletter (and even did for a bit when they cancelled my TSQ pledge) but I'm not interested in hearing about all their games in their catalogue, just the one I pledged for.

And I doubt anyone needs protection from "throwing away" a dollar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Gunnell
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Monolith used ShipNaked for Conan and Pantheon. In both cases the boxes were damaged and filthy. Thankfully only three out of the nine game boxes were dented/torn. I would ensure the contract with SN is solid and they do not treat the game with disrespect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.