Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Disabling Traps rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Moloney
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
Hi all,

The rulebook says:

"Disabling Traps: While a Hero is on a tile with a Trap, he or she
can attempt to disable that Trap instead of making an attack. If
you roll the number listed on the Trap Card or higher, discard
the Trap and its marker."


However, AFAIK the hero has no attack between drawing the Trap card and the trap activating. Therefore they can only attempt to disarm it after it has done damage, is that correct?

P.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct, yes. Just like most monsters spawn and activate before you usually have time to react to it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oceanclub wrote:
Hi all,

The rulebook says:

"Disabling Traps: While a Hero is on a tile with a Trap, he or she
can attempt to disable that Trap instead of making an attack. If
you roll the number listed on the Trap Card or higher, discard
the Trap and its marker."


However, AFAIK the hero has no attack between drawing the Trap card and the trap activating. Therefore they can only attempt to disarm it after it has done damage, is that correct?

P.
The Hero can disarm the trap instead of his attack action in the Hero Phase. So, usually, if trap appear as result of event card the trap will activates before the Hero can disarm it. But on Hero phase the Hero can move to trap location and disarm it if he want.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Moloney
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
Gawain wrote:
That is correct, yes. Just like most monsters spawn and activate before you usually have time to react to it.


Yeah, that's why I think the alternative rule - where you can move _after_ exploring - makes more sense.


P.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Corley

Utah
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oceanclub wrote:
However, AFAIK the hero has no attack between drawing the Trap card and the trap activating. Therefore they can only attempt to disarm it after it has done damage, is that correct?

Many traps will do damage again if a hero enters their tile, so disarming it may not do much good for the hero that initially triggered up, but it could clear the way for the others to get by unharmed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Moloney
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
Ted Smythe wrote:
oceanclub wrote:
However, AFAIK the hero has no attack between drawing the Trap card and the trap activating. Therefore they can only attempt to disarm it after it has done damage, is that correct?

Many traps will do damage again if a hero enters their tile, so disarming it may not do much good for the hero that initially triggered up, but it could clear the way for the others to get by unharmed.


True, but 90% of the time I'd say it's easy enough to just go around it. So disarming the trap is a bit of a waste if you can perform an attack instead. It's a strange rule IMO.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.