Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sabotage Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Britt B

Connecticut
msg tools
mb
Probably a stupid question in that its probably already asked and answered somewhere (I just cant find it).

Can the Rebels Sabotage a planet that is friendly to the Rebels? I cant remember what the situation was, but they desperately wanted a sabotage marker on the board and they wanted it on a planet that they had loyalty with. So they targeted their own planet with the Sabotage mission.

I may be missing it but I cannot find anywhere that says the Rebels cannot target themselves with a Sabotage card. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan Bertrand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes they can.
But the objective you're looking for requires Empire control (or was it empire loyalty), doesn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saro Gumusyan

New York
msg tools
mb
Cut Supply Lines needs Rebel units or sabotage markers in three Imperial systems, loyal or subjugated.

Sabotaging a Rebel or neutral system can be an effective way to cut Imperial supply lines in advance of an invasion as it will take many actions to remove the marker (especially if the system was loyal to the Rebels).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can sabotage any populous system in the base game.

In the expansion you can also sabotage remote systems, but you may not place a marker on them, only destroy a shield bunker.

As Saro said sabotaging non imperial systems can sometimes be very useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Britt B

Connecticut
msg tools
mb
Thanks everyone. Appreciate the feedback, I wish I could remember the exact game situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ullakko Morko
msg tools
Sabotaging a rebel loyal system before say, Darth Vader moves in with a fleet that would subjugate makes a lot of sense. The empire couldn't then deploy units there or get the first production icon. It could also be a great way to divert an empire fleet away from the base's system (or play mind games to that effect).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.