13 Minutes: The Cuban Missile Crisis» Forums » Rules

Subject: 13 Minutes of...madness!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francesco Lippo
Italy
flag msg tools
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie of the world of boardgames and BGG community (fresh meat zombie) and I’m writing because I need your precious help people!

I’ve just purchased "13 Minutes" in the prospect of getting a little bit of practice to pass, in future, to bigger and heavier games like “13 Days” and, maybe one day, "Twilight Struggle".

Reading the rules and doing a few matches with my wife, some doubts have arisen and I would kindly ask you some advices and clarifications about it, in particular:

1 - Using the “Command Ability” of a card, can I split the indicated number of cubes between multiple battlegrounds or must they have to be placed on/removed from ONE AND ONLY chosen battleground?

2- If my opponent has much more cubes on a battleground than me and I add (according to the rules) one influence cube of mine, that battleground will still move towards my sphere of influence althought I haven't the majority of the cubes on the card?

3- As above, if I decide to remove one of my cubes from a card through the “Command Ability”, this will move away from my zone of influence althought I continue to have the majority of cubes on it?
IE: battleground is on neutral zone and it's a card with 4 USSR cubes and 2 US cubes, I’m USSR and I remove a cube: will the card still move in the US zone of influence?

4- can the nuclear war be triggered ONLY AT THE END of the game (only after having resolved all the scores and revealed the last card in each player’s hand) or EVEN DURING the game?
Can I, in the middle of the game, unleash a nuclear war by pushing a territory into my opponent’s sphere of influence?
IE: USSR has 2 DEFCON of the same color in its zone of influence, I remove a cube from a battleground in the neutral zone with the same DEFCON, pushing the card into the USSR zone of influence...this will cause a nuclear war and therefore the immediate defeat of my opponent?

Thanks everybody who can help! DD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. NO. Only ONE Battleground.
2. YES
3. YES
4. ONLY AT THE END OF THE GAME.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Lavender
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Klaatu barada nikto.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe there is a check every round to see if nuclear war happens, does it not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MitchLav wrote:
I believe there is a check every round to see if nuclear war happens, does it not?

I believe, Mitch, that you are confusing this game with 13 Days: The Cuban Missile Crisis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Lippo
Italy
flag msg tools
rod3556lhs wrote:
MitchLav wrote:

I believe, Mitch, that you are confusing this game with 13 Days: The Cuban Missile Crisis.

I'm sorry Mitch but I'm afraid Rod's right

So thanks Rod, I appreciated your super clear and precise replies cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.