BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Works in Progress

Subject: [WIP] Coloris ( Game about Colors ) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shemanta Akanda
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Hello, this is my first board game and I would like to use this forum as a way to track my progress as well as gather feedback.

Game Description:
Welcome to Coloris! In this game you will take the role of a aspiring artist trying to create the perfect painting. After months of hard work you have the outline ready and are ready to paint. However, there is one big problem, you do not have enough paint needed to finish your masterpiece. There is plenty of paint ready for you in the world of Coloris but it is in short supply and there are others that share your same dreams of creating the perfect painting. Use your skills and a bit of help from the art shop create your masterpiece before the others in order to win this game.

Basically in this game you roll around trying to collect different colors to fill in your Coloris chart before your opponents. Different colors will be temporarily banned making the game harder as you play but you can change the color bans and even the tiles themselves to avoid being affected.

Genre: Family Type Game
Mechanics: Dice rolling, card upgrades, economical
Age 8+
Time: 45 minutes+
Rules
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18_ykPAEhNa4NVhklQcYnkKbx...
Coloris Board
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15VrWMSO_1Kmo5I8D5gB9Jnho...
I have made a copy on Tabletop Simulator. I am going to do a couple of play tests over there before I make a print and play version.
The main things I want to test out are the deck items to see if they are overpowered or under powered. I also want to test out how much starting colors I should give as it is very easy to burn through colors in this game.
In the final game instead of having a Coloris Chart I hope to have different images like in a coloring book so players can actually color in each of the sections and feel like they are making something new each time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Lidström Isegrim
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Will look closer at this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.