6 Posts

Night of Man» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ops Complete, Fired, Moved and Op Fire? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frankie Bones

Montana
msg tools
Many, of course, will rant and rave against the garment fate has woven for them, but they pick it up and don it all the same, and most wear it to the end of their days. You…you would rather go naked into the storm.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm playing solo and using the solo expansion.

I'm assuming that any Killer units marked "moved" or "fired" can engage in op fire if I move 3 spaces within LOS and/or adjacent.

However, I'm also assuming that any units marked "Ops Complete" can no longer Op Fire.

This would mean that I could assault combat with one of my infantry to "ops complete" a Killer Mech and then, on the next impulse move in with another infantry for another assault combat without running the risk of op fire?

Finally, does "ops complete" prevent the unit from defending in assault combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Carlson
United States
Clarksville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A revealed MM unit is now treated like a regular unit per the standard combat rules. That means if it is an EU it can Op Fire. So if it is marked Fired, Moved or Ops Complete, it is no longer an EU.

Ops Complete can defend in assault combat, they just cannot initiate assault combat because they are not eligible to move.

Eddie
http://flyingpiggames />
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frankie Bones

Montana
msg tools
Many, of course, will rant and rave against the garment fate has woven for them, but they pick it up and don it all the same, and most wear it to the end of their days. You…you would rather go naked into the storm.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaedrian wrote:
A revealed MM unit is now treated like a regular unit per the standard combat rules. That means if it is an EU it can Op Fire. So if it is marked Fired, Moved or Ops Complete, it is no longer an EU.

Ops Complete can defend in assault combat, they just cannot initiate assault combat because they are not eligible to move.

Eddie

Thank you Eddie. That makes sense and I look forward to replaying. I was playing that units marked fired or moved could Op Fire and it was making it very hard on my squad. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Carlson
United States
Clarksville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, those scenarios are already pretty hard, don't add to it

Eddie
http://flyingpiggames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frankie Bones

Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah Eddie, I seriously have no idea how you would win the first scenario. Is the best bet to just sit back and "fire" at the Killer units from afar.

Every time I try to "assault," my units get hit and then once they are flipped, they are essentially done for the scenario. The only way to get them back is to be out of LOS and have the card to do it, so in 6 turns, once your unit is flipped, it's essentially gone.

I'm having a real tough time with this first scenario! cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Carlson
United States
Clarksville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My advice.... move on to scenario 2

For me, scenario 1 is the scenario that I played multiple times to get the rules down. Even hanging back is rough because I feel like my machine gun unit still doesn't have enough punch to knock things out, and then moving up to reach objectives just punishes you with potential opp fire and tough close assault. I really think the balance gets better later on.

Eddie
http://flyingpiggames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.